Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • New wheel size from On One..
  • Leku
    Free Member

On One Dee Dar – 26″ wheels. Madness, they’ll never catch on.

wwaswas

Dee Dar

The noise a 1970’s UK Police Car makes, I assume?

“He’ll not sell many ice creams going at that speed.”

z1ppy

26″ wheels, FFS, not another new re-cycled standard :mrgreen:

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Found a container load of forks and wheels in a forgotten corner of the warehouse. Bought some frames so they can shift them…….

andybrad

must be from Sheffield

ernie67

Dee Dar is the nickname for Sheffield people .

vinnyeh

Found a container load of forks and wheels in a forgotten corner of the warehouse. Bought some frames so they can shift them…….

Well, one frame anyway.

It’s the trail bike we built because we wanted it for ourselves.

And after it arrived we realised it was a pos so are flogging it…

thomthumb
    Free Member

No geo? Standard!

ndthornton
    Free Member

Yay – my bikes are back in fashion 🙂

amedias
    Free Member

I actually really like the look of that!

fasthaggis

Found a container load of forks and wheels in a forgotten corner of the warehouse. Bought some cheap XS frames so they can shift them…….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I do wonder how many carbon 456evo’s they have left to sell. Awesome looking frames, just at the wrong time.

Surely that’d be something they’d be better liquidating sooner rather than later unless they really do believe 26″ will come back around and place no monetary value on warehousing.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Any links to these as cant see them on the on-one site ?

spawnofyorkshire

I do wonder how many carbon 456evo’s they have left to sell. Awesome looking frames, just at the wrong time.

If they were anything like the regular C456 there’s loads of clearance to run 650b in there anyway

psycorp
    Free Member

No geo? Standard!

I know, it’s almost like they don’t actually want to sell stuff……………. or the place is staffed by idiots. I can’t quite decide.

vincienup
    Free Member

Dee Dar is the nickname for Sheffield people .

Strictly it refers to accent more than origin, but I do prefer the police car explanation. I’m sitting in Sheffield (like half of STW it feels, some days) and a childish glee of police car noise was the first thing that hit me when I saw the name…

ampthill

It’s the trail bike we built because we wanted it for ourselves.

But strangley its for sale 🙄

pickle
    Free Member

Looks okay to me 🙂

Northwind

vinnyeh – Member

It’s the trail bike we built because we wanted it for ourselves

Sounds grand. I wonder if they’re going to give all their other trailbikes the tagline “A trailbike we don’t want for ourselves”

Really don’t like that seattube bridge thing but the rest looks decent

cookeaa

I quite like it when they offload an unwanted prototype.
    Looks OK, plenty of superfluous features on a slighty longer 16″ 456: stealth dropper routing, 142×12 rear end, would anyone pay £800 for it though?
    X5 build 45650b is £50 more at present and has slighty more fashionable wheels… I’m sure someone will have it when it inevitably drops to £550 in a few weeks/day/minutes…

Who ever said 26″ was dead”

So where are all the new 26″ on ones then?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

There is a scouse model too ” Day doo doh dont dey doh” 😀

deviant
    Free Member

Build that as a frame only and i’ll buy one…been looking for a slightly more modern version of my Ragley Piglet 26 for a while now….do it.

epicyclo

cookeaa – Member
    I quite like it when they offload an unwanted prototype….

Me too. I still have that Titanium Pompino. 🙂

There’s nothing wrong with 26″ if there’s room to fit slightly fatter tyres.

Surly Dirt Wizards make a huge difference to a 26″ bike – I reckon the extra plush of the extra volume puts it slightly better than a standard 29er, ie rolls better and more compliance absorbs trail lumpy bits better.

jools182
    Free Member

There’s nothing wrong with 26″

Ftfy

The wheel we’ve all ridden for decades and never realised how wrong we were until we were told

Baa

hora
    Free Member

Potentially dangerous. Any 650b owners who have gotten use to talent compensating of the bigger wheels will struggle back on 26 😀

Where’s these bargain 456 carbons??

fourbanger
    Free Member

Did OO ever manage to flog all those Jimmy Saville specials they bought just before it emerged he was a raving paedo?

epicyclo

fourbanger – Member
    Did OO ever manage to flog all those Jimmy Saville specials they bought just before it emerged he was a raving paedo?

Yes.

Bulk order from the House of Lords Cycling Club. 🙂

DeeW
    Free Member

and Stealth routing exits seattube on drive side is an interesting choice.

paul1987
    Free Member

I have just received this bike and got it out of the box. Its not 26 inch wheels as advertised its 27.5 have I let the cat out of the bag? surely on one could not have over sighted this. I got it for £599.99

paul1987
    Free Member

paul1987
    Free Member

andyl
    Free Member

what a bunch of bloody numpties!

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

The bike has diappeared from the OO website. Was it just a one off?

sq225917
    Free Member

Paul, nice catch that’s a steal…

My bad on the 26″ reference; 200 clearance bikes to photograph and write content for in 5 days and get on the website, I’m sure there’s a couple more errors in there if you look closely enough. There’s certainly a load of bargains in there.

The Dee Dar will be back very soon, as a full production bike.

Don’t forget to pump up those forks and turn and tighten the bars before you ride it Paul 😉

Simon.

paul1987
    Free Member

I really like it and specially the surprise of the wheel size.

I am awaiting a shock pump and some pedals atm so should be up and running in a weeks time. I live 2 miles from the new flyup 417 project that has just opened recently and cant wait to test it there

Will there be any spare on one dee dar stickers floating around when in production. Be nice to have some

Northwind

So 26 IS dead :mrgreen:

amedias
    Free Member
    wwaswas

I quite like that.

Complete lack of any frame geometry etc info as usual so we just have to imagine what ‘slack’ means but hey ho.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘New wheel size from On One..’ is closed to new replies.