Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New watch strap reqd for old Rotary
  • RustyNissanPrairie

When my grandfather passed away some years ago we found his old 25 years service Rotary watch from when he worked at Fletcher Bank Quarry (Marshalls) in Shuttleworth (Ramsbottom).

As with most things with my grandad – it had been tinkered with and you can clearly see the marks on the back where he’d prised it open with probably a kitchen knife to have a nosey inside.

I had the watch repaired but didnt want it renovating as I like the ‘Tommy Wynne’ induced damage.

The jewellers fitted a non branded strap that quite suits the watch but its a bit worn nowadays and I lost/broke the original strap keeper some years ago.

Looking to have the watch serviced again, possibly have the face renovated but definitely looking for a new strap – any STWer watch fans have any suggestions?

image ru

image upload no resize

photo host

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s lovely!

FWIW, I have a watch of slightly older vintage, with a story and emotion attached, serviced by the lovely people here –
    http://tribbecks.com/watch-repairs/ May not be too local, being in Salisbury, but they were really very good. Can’t remember the name of the strap they used, but it’s a lovely leather, and very in keeping with the age of the watch. (1930s). Will try and remember to get back to you on that!

CountZero

These people do a huge range of straps of just about every colour and design:
    http://www.watch-band-center.com/shop2/index.php?user=watchstrap&so=&offset=30&hkat=118&skat=843
    One I have on my old Yema, black, red stitching, with deployment clasp came from them, cheap, really well made, very comfy. I personally love the deployment clasp, once it’s adjusted you don’t need to phaff with it, and there’s no likelihood of it wearing through at the buckle.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mine’s a Darlona according to the name on the strap.

finbar
    Free Member

http://stachstraps.blogspot.de/ will do you something perfect to your own specifications for a very reasonable price.

RustyNissanPrairie

Thanks for the info!

Countzero – some nice straps, going to take some time searching through them all.

Finbar – nice but perhaps a little too rustic for the old Rotary.

CountZero

Thanks for the info!

Countzero – some nice straps, going to take some time searching through them all.

Finbar – nice but perhaps a little too rustic for the old Rotary.
    The important ones are the first couple of pages, they’re the black and brown ones.
    Any further, and I’m not sure they’d suit the watch.
    The one on my Yema is a padded textured black leather with contrast red stitching, which pretty much matches the watch face. It’s difficult to show the clasp as well, but it’s a deployment style one which is used on a number of other styles.

I bought one that’s slightly wider than the standard strap, and notched the sides so the straps about the same overall width as the pillars.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New watch strap reqd for old Rotary’ is closed to new replies.