Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New-style Deore disc brake pads – where’s cheapest?
  • MrAgreeable

Where can I get cheapo disc pads for a new style Deore disc brake? CRC only has the “official” ones at an eye-watering £19 a set, and none of the usual suspects – Clarks, Goodridge, even S*per*** – have anything in their range.

The brakes are the new, new M575 ones with the black levers and callipers.

MrAgreeable

Someone? Anyone?

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Superstar part number S2 is for m575

Disco pads do them as well they are the same as the old Deore 525

rolfharris
    Free Member

Proper brake pads available here-

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=1907

You could buy superstar, but when they fall apart half way down a descent and you end up with broken teeth you might regret it. Your brakes are the only thing slowing you down, don’t scrimp on them.

MrAgreeable

Rolfharris, these are for my girlfriend’s bike so not fussed. Also the pads aren’t the same as XTR or older Deore ones.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Ah, 575s. I think I have some of the proper Shimano ones in the shop that are a tenner.

MrAgreeable

A tenner? You need to get the black biro out and turn the 0s into 8s. 😉

rolfharris
    Free Member

Pfff, we’ve got quite a bit of old stock shimano we just left at the old prices. We might do something about it later.

I’m not in today but will check tomorrow if you want them? If we haven’t sold them all.

MrAgreeable

That would be ace on toast. Which shop are you by the way?

rolfharris
    Free Member

We’re called Spokes, from Fife.

Call me tomorrow on 01334 477835, ask for Luke and I’ll let you know. If We’ve got them I’ll post them out and you’ll have them on Saturday with a bit of luck from the postie.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New-style Deore disc brake pads – where’s cheapest?’ is closed to new replies.