Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • new saddle suggestions please…
  • ac505
    Free Member

I’ve got my new Lapierre, dumped the crappy saddle that came with it and looking for something nice. I’ve got an SDG Belair saddle which doesn’t fit for me, my last bike had an WTB Rocket V which was okay. Any suggestions please?

matthew_h
    Free Member

Madison Flux/Charge Spoon. Both essentially the same seat but very very comfy for my arse. Never had a more comfy saddle and now have them on all of my bikes.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Spesh Phenom SL for me – super light, super comfy despite looking like a torture device.

13thfloormonk

I’ve used all of the above, and while they were all comfy, I found that the WTB Pure V I have now combines the best bits of all of them.

Better padding in the nose than the Charge, rounder at the back than the Phenom (which was not a pleasant saddle to get behind on steep stuff, maybe not a problem if you’re a seat dropper). Slightly broader than the Rocket V, perhaps this just suits my arse better, or perhaps slightly broader is better for longer rides/more upright positions than flat out racey.

The Team version has Ti rails and looks fairly smart in all black.

richteabiscuit
    Free Member

+1 Charge spoon. Got one on both bikes and very happy with ’em, did the C2C on one earlier this year with no sore arse issues.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

WTB SST Team is the only saddle you’ll ever need, only if you like ’em skinny though

Starrman28
    Free Member

Fizik Arione is the best I’ve had.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

+1 on the spoon, I’ve had the standard and ti models. Can’t fault them, great value. My mates was damaged in an accident, he rang charge about new rails, they sent him a whole new saddle for free. The limited edition colours from Evans can compliment your lapierre too!!!

Whyte1
    Free Member

ac505 – is their any saddles you’ve had in the past that you have got on with ? cos you’ll get loads of people telling their preferance – which will be of very little help to you .
    What bits of the ones you’ve tried or owned have you liked or disliked ?

jonny-m
    Free Member

fizik gobi.awesome. had 2 and cant fault them. you can pick them up cheap aswell if you search around

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Ritchey saddle here, but saddles are very individual and what suits one person won’t work for another; I cannot stand WTB saddles despite lots of reviews & reports that they are the most comfy saddles ever.

Try and ride some mates bikes and see if one suits you.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

look at SDG. mine is pretty comfy and it looks good too. (Speed Defies Gravity). not too pricy either.

ac505
    Free Member

I’m going to keep a wide berth from SDG – my Belair simply doesn’t work for me. I may try another WTB but will definitely give the Charge a look as well.

mikey74
    Free Member

Selle Italia C2 – by far the comfiest saddle I have ever perched my arse on.

iainc

ac505 – if your belair has Ti rails and is in good nick and you want to sell it……

ac505
    Free Member

funny you should say that iainc

iainc

funny you should say that iainc

problem is, I went downstairs, poured a glass of wine, chatted to the wife for a bit….., wandered back to the ‘puter and then saw i had missed the ad on the classifieds -)

ash.addy
    Free Member

+1 for the spoon got them on my FS and SS

rp16v
    Free Member

another here for the charge spoon a great suprisingley comfy seat.

samuri
    Free Member

Selle Italia C2

ditto, but saddles are the most personal item on the bike. Everyone has a different shaped arse. I recently fitted a Brooks clsassic which is amazingly comfy right fronm thr start, bit slippy mind.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘new saddle suggestions please…’ is closed to new replies.