Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New Knee Pads – Options
  • unsponsored
    Free Member

I’ve been using the 661 Kyle Strait knee pads for the last 5 years +. They are finally given up the ghost. What are a good alternative as they are no longer available.

prawny

I’ve just bought some 2nd hand endura pads, very good, less sweaty than the straits.

I’ve also just bought some dianese trail skins elbow pads, when I’ve got some spare cash I’ll get the matching knees, as the elbows are great.

domderbyshire
    Free Member

I’m getting on well with my Fox Launch Pro. Comfortable, offer good protection and are complimented by matching elbow pads.

jam-bo

Saw some of those new Dainese in lbs the other day. look tidy and seem well rated.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

IXS trail, brilliant

leo72
    Free Member

IXS Flow 2014, if you’d like comfy pads that stay in place. Best knee pads I’ve tride so far.

unsponsored
    Free Member

Anyone tried the Sweet protection bear suits?

Northwind

I just got some 661 Rages, which are the Strait replacements. Not quite sure yet, they’ve got a much thinner back panel and bigger opening in the back so will be less hot, but they seem to form to the knee less well as they have less structure. Waiting to see if they bed in.

Lummox

I replaced my evo 661’s with the newer version, very happy. I tried leatts but they were a bit tight, very nice pads though

rondo101
    Free Member

Same as Northwind for me, with a similar experience.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve just retired my 661 Straits and replaced them with some Lleatt ones from CRC. They’re far more comfy, not as hot, don’t move but done think they offer quite as much protection. Still not sure I’d use them on a lo get ride though.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

TLD KG5450’s, and a set of the newer style 661 Evo pads for something when I want a bit more protection.

kayak23

Anyone tried the Sweet protection bear suits?

Known brand from Kayaking, but even more extortionate than POC, and that’s saying something.
    IXS will be high on my list when my battered Kyle Straits are retired.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Scott grenade pro opinions?

rocketman
    Free Member

Have had two pairs of Fox Launches I think they’re pretty good if you’re looking for a full coverage kind of knee pad.

More recently using some Nukeproof Critical pads http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/nukeproof-critical-armour-knee/rp-prod68523 almost identical to the Launches but a little bit more workmanlike. Good price though and wide range of sizes. Kevlar knee section takes a right old pasting

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New Knee Pads – Options’ is closed to new replies.