Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New Goo from Stan's
  • honourablegeorge

Stan’s Race Sealant. Thicker and not as long lasting.

http://nsmb.com/new-goo-stans-race-sealant/

Rubber_Buccaneer

Thanks for posting that, the STW news item I saw was a little lacking in information.

njee20
    Free Member

Looks interesting. May give that a go.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Thicker and not as long lasting.

Does the normal Stans fluid last that long?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Does the normal Stans fluid last that long?

There’s some in my fatty that’s still liquid after 12 months. Admittedly 3-6 months would be more typical before it starts to ball up, I usually just run until I get a puncture that doesn’t seal rather than check it though.

zero-cool
    Free Member

Stan’s is my go to sealant. Haven’t found anything else that’s as reliable.
    I’m wondering if a mixture of the new Race sealant and the standard stuff would make a good combo.

Tom KP

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Joe’s have been making a “race” version for a while, so I guess it is a reaction to that.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I tried Joes last time round, seems to have much bigger crystals/lumps in it, to the point it was difficult to pour out a portion from the bottle before it settled out again.

Seems to have lasted fine, and not had any punctures, but will probably pay the 5% more for the Stans next time.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Just had to de-rumble the Jekyll of marbles this week of Stans. It went in last August.

rideforlife2
    Free Member

I’m a convert to Bontrager’s sealant, lasts for ages and so easy to deal with.

Just changed some tyres from about a year ago and still liquid, great stuff!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New Goo from Stan's’ is closed to new replies.