Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • New Evil Bike Content
  • ash.addy
    Free Member

Finally got this completed just need now to go out and enjoy my new toy.
    From This

To this

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Blimey, alot of evil going on today~ anyone would think it was 6:06 on 06/06

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Looks good but a 1×9 with a chain device would be smarter. Whats it like with the forks at 100mm?

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I’d noticed the high level of Evil activity too. I make it my business to post in every Sovereign thread going. That one looks another tidy build – particularly like the Renthal cockpit. Yellow looks great too.

ash.addy
    Free Member

David just running it to see how I get on with the 2×9, I haven’t had a proper outing yet but I’ll post when I find out

Coyote
    Free Member

Carlsberg???

ash.addy
    Free Member

Wife bought it??????

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Now that is feck1ng A1+, unless Nukeproof bringing out a yellow hardtail version of the Mega, then it’d be A1-. very nice bike sir 😯

ash.addy
    Free Member

Thankyou very much B.A.Nana

bruneep

Another frame sent without bottle mount bolts, silverfish said sending mine without was an oversight. Seems it’s very common.

RealMan
    Free Member

Would’ve gone with some stans rims myself, but apart from that almost exactly how I’d build one of those up. Lovely.

ash.addy
    Free Member

Bruneep it does have bottlemounts

bruneep

Never said mounts,the mounting bolts were missing on mine and seem to be missing on yours. You now have 2 holes to allow water ingress into your frame.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Hardly the end of the world… they are a common size and easy to source.

Water will get in even with those bolts.

Lighten up and go ride it 😀

For the record my Evil frame from the previous batch didn’t have them. I never gave it a second thought to be honest.

prezet
    Free Member

Lovely build – are they the 10 or 20mm rise Renthal bars? Thinking of getting them myself.

hillsplease

Very nice indeed. Liking the yellow.

bruneep

Every other frame I’ve had came with bolts….

Paying over £500 I would’ve thought that that 2 bolts would be fitted. Silverfish told me it was a one off.

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

Very nice indeed ash.addy. The yellow looks great. Im loving mine more and more each ride, Im sure you wont be dissapointed.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Every other frame I’ve had came with bolts….

Paying over £500 I would’ve thought that that 2 bolts would be fitted. Silverfish told me it was a one off.

You fancy finishing that story off? You know, the part after we told you it was a one off? The bit where we sent you some bolts immediately first class post?

No? Oh ok, just carry on making us out as bolt stealing villians then 🙂

kudos100
    Free Member

seriously cool build 8) only things i would change is the forks and a 1×9 setup

ash.addy
    Free Member

I thin the bars were a 10mm rise can’t quite remember now

It makes no odds to me about mounting bolts I’ve covered them with Hele tape

I am thinking about 1X9 just want to see how it goes with 2×9

Had a good deal on the forks and they work perfectly well – was going to put on my set of air pikes but the steerer was too short.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Coil Pikes are the perfect mate for that frame.

Roblilly
    Free Member

That looks really nice. I started 2 x 9 and now on 1 x 9 for my Bfe.

Saint brakes…..nice!

prezet
    Free Member

Did you helitape the whole frame then?

beanieripper
    Free Member

Im liking that, very nice… you need to align that headset spacer though..

ash.addy
    Free Member

Prezet yes i did

beanieripper didn’t notice that cheers

bruneep

You fancy finishing that story off? You know, the part after we told you it was a one off? The bit where we sent you some bolts immediately first class post?

No? Oh ok, just carry on making us out as bolt stealing villians then

Ok 😉 if you insist.

You said to me……

The frames do normally come with the bolts, I’m not sure why they were missing from yours but regardless I will drop some in the post for you tomorrow.

You did indeed send me the 2 bolts, and some freebies. For that I did thank you.

So why I have I seen 3 frames so far without the bolts fitted if mine was a one off?

I suspect you are indeed selling them on at vast profits. 😉

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

bruneep – Member
    So why I have I seen 3 frames so far without the bolts fitted if mine was a one off?

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Ok, ok – Your detective work is far too good for me. I’ve caved in.
    The truth is if we save enough bolts I can smelt them down and build more Sov’s.

prezet
    Free Member

ash.addy – do you mid sharing where in particular you taped? Top tube, down tube, seat tube and stays? Also, did you use the tape from biketart?

Crell
    Free Member

Richie,
    For info my cage bolts were also missing, but more importantly so was the seat collar. I bought one.

snakebite
    Free Member

I bought the bolts and my frame was missing! 😯

ash.addy
    Free Member

Prezet I taped with the aforementioned tape from Bike tart

Top tube and through and around gusset under saddle
    Chainstays and seatstays
    Downtube (yes I did cover up the bottle cage bolt holes and yes I did make sure to ensure the drain hole at the bottom bracket had a hole in it)

I’m just about to put some tape on the seattube I do intend putting a length of inner tube on the chainstay from experience I’d recommend this.

Ash

Bruneep – why get so worked up over this if no-one else is bothered about a couple of bolts and yours has been sorted what’s the problem????

prezet
    Free Member

Cheers – how did you get on with the tape over the gussets?

ash.addy
    Free Member

A lot of cutting and a hairdryer was very useful, I quite enjoyed using the hairdryer as I’ve had no practise on my own hair for the best part of 15 years.

Good luck prezet

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘New Evil Bike Content’ is closed to new replies.