• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by d00m.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • New Build advice
  • d00m
    Free Member

I’ve managed to get hold of a bargain (almost) unused kinesis maxlight frame and rockshox revelation fork so plan to build up a new XC bike to replace my Whyte 809. Looking for any advice on parts that won’t break the bank. Will probably stick with the 2×10 slx setup that I have on the Whyte but having never built a bike up before wondered what finishing kits, etc people would recommend.

As a starting point I’ve been looking at these wheels that were recommended on here a little while ago

https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;product=79466;page=1;menu=1000,2,140,17;mid=69;pgc=5240:5241;orderby=2

Is there anything better for the money?

everyone
    Free Member

XC bike I’d go with Ritchey finishing kit, ESI grips (personal preference) and crest rims on whatever hub take your fancy (hopes for me). Don’t forget all the little stuff like seat clamp etc

z1ppy

Raleigh Pro-Build seem an interesting price without being stupidly heavy (29er are in the 1800g range), m8 is running a set and has been impressed so far.
    What wrong with the set off you Whyte though? As I doubt either of these wheelset are ‘much’ better than the original set, you’d need to step up a price range to get lighter/better hubs

d00m
    Free Member

Got an old set of Mavic crosslines on the Whyte as the stock wheels are in need of ther second rebuild in as many years. Cup and cone bearings on the whyte wheels so have been problematic. Will probably leave the mavics on the whyte and sell it as a complete bike once the kinesis build is complete

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘New Build advice’ is closed to new replies.