Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New bike weekend
  • mcnultycop

I bought this 3 weeks ago for £919 from Paul’s Cycles but with a combination of trapping a nerve in my back and then a horrible skin infection meant I couldn’t get out on it. Anyway, it’s ace. I was a bit worried about 120kg and 21 spokes so I’ll keep my eye on that. However, it feels nicely quick and is the first drop barred bike I feel OK in the drops on. The only issue with fit is my small (not Trump small, but small) hands meaning I’d like the levers slightly closer when on the drops.
    Not making any excuses for the pointing, it’s still in the NHBC warranty so anything serious I’ll get them back to rectify.

I was keeping it for “best” but the first ride on Saturday was in torrential rain (which pissed in my new waterproof boots through the top and turned into wet sponges). Second ride was today and was just grimy.

I’ve actually bought this with a purpose in mind. My best friend of nearly 35 years died out of the blue from a heart condition that was unknown about by him, despite him being a healthy person. I’ve decided to do British Heart Foundation Manchester to Blackpool night ride in his memory. I appreciate this is shorter than some people’s normal weekend rides but will be a challenge for my frame (which will hopefully be reduced by October) and the midnight start and potential weather should make it harder. If anyone fancies sponsoring me for a few quid please do so:
    http://www.justgiving.com/Steven-McNulty2017

cp

Good effort and motivation for getting it, hope you enjoy! Bonus points for the first ride out being a wet one 🙂

And look at that rear mud clearance!!! 😉

mechanicaldope

Nice. If they’re 105 leavers then think they will have a reach adjustment allen bolt under the hoods.

mcnultycop

They are 105, I’ll have a poke about. Cheers.

weeksy

Very cool, congrats on the new bike 🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

The pictures are blocked at work so I had to get my phone out to take a look and…….it’s a road bike 🙁 Sponsored you a tenner anyway 🙂

mcnultycop

Yeah, sorry it is a road bike.

Cheers for the sponsorship. It’s really appreciated.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New bike weekend’ is closed to new replies.