• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by bol.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New bike time…
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Okay, after accepting that I won’t be going very far very soon on my MTB nor road bike (boring family-related stuff) I have decided that I’d rather like to trade them both in / up for some kind of ‘urban’ bike.

Now if I had a spare few thousand, I’d order a Budnitz but I don’t.

So anyway, on my wish list is simple, really simple clean lines, hydraulic brakes, singlespeed or Rohloff. Probably all black or black and white. Straight/raised bars (not drops). Basically I want something I can cruise to work on, ride with my kids on and maybe take for some light off-road use (local cycle trails etc)

I’ve seen a Marin around where I live that ticks most boxes but has a derailleur.

So, is there anything that fits those requirements?

Cheers

honourablegeorge

Roadrat sounds very like it

johndoh
    Free Member

Hmmm, quite nice.

Can’t see any info anywhere on the spec though – is it a geared hub or singlespeed?

And <£1k so fits the bill….

johndoh
    Free Member

Hmmm, Charge Plug looks nice….

Okay, after accepting that I won’t be going very far very soon on my MTB nor road bike (boring family-related stuff) I have decided that I’ve given up on life

😥

mrblobby
    Free Member

Budnitz you say… my mate has one of these…

… it is very nice indeed.

Okay, after accepting that I won’t be going very far very soon on my MTB nor road bike (boring family-related stuff )I have decided that I’ve given up on life

I upgraded my turbo setup!

Roadrat sounds very like it

Oh and got one of these.

birdo
    Free Member

Vitus dee 29er.

bol

The Specialized Gobe Centrum /San Francisco was the perfect bike for your needs. I bitterly regret selling mine. You can occasionally pick them up on eBay for not a lot. An excellent fun simple bike.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘New bike time…’ is closed to new replies.