Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • new bike is squeaking. disc brakes?
  • masonmarxx
    Free Member

hi guys,
    i’ve said earlier that i’ve recently bought a budget bike from Halfords (Trax TFS.2D) and today was my second outing on it. getting it out, at first it sqeaked a little bit as i was rolling forwards but now there’s a certain point as the wheel turns, every time, that it will squeak. it’s more noticeable on the front wheel and there’s a bit coming from the back wheel. i think it’s the discs rubbing with the pads? not too sure but i was wondering if anyone could help me get to the bottom of this. it’s due for a service in a few weeks regardless, should i mention that to them?

masonmarxx
    Free Member

bump 😉

hainman
    Free Member

hi mate,as far as im aware new brakes squeek till they’ve bed in properly.could take a while or be over quickly,my new brakes are still at it and ive ridden it for 3months now and put in a few mile so you just need to bide your time.a few people have mentioned getting up some speed and just slamming on the brakes a few time and that beds them in.mind to not fly over the bars though….as for service they might just say they need time to bed in.hope this helps….

fenred
    Free Member

As above, find a hill, point your bike down and perform several controlled but hard stops. Climb back up and repeat. Then go for a good long ride and report back if no joy.
    HTH

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘new bike is squeaking. disc brakes?’ is closed to new replies.