Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • New bike
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Hoping my new bike arrives tomorrow a Giant Stance. What differences will I notice as I’ve only ever rode Hardtails and my current bike is a Cannondale SL5 with Recon Gold Tk (coil) are they a lot more maintenance intensive? Also it’s 650b wheels compared to 26ers.

Ordered from Tredz emailed with a delivery time of between 0900 – 1800 never ordered from them before so hoping it turns up.

thegreatape
    Free Member

*bookmarks thread for April*

z1ppy

Enjoy, look a fun bike, looks like a slight change of riding style is in the works – slightly more effort on the up, with the bonus of better grip & a lot more fun (IMO) on the downs. Full sussers maintenance is hardly rocket science, and certainly nothing to panic about. Be sensible cleaning the pivot points & deal with issues quickly as the arise. My experience of FS giant is the bearings last well & are a damned sight easier to change than Horst setups (which are not impossible just fiddly)

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Still waiting had the Email of it will be delivered soon. Between 0900-1800 I’ll start getting worried if it’s not here by 1745.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

It arrived safely at 1400. Everything well lubed and set up well. Just need adjust the fork and shock psi to my weight and get some better pedals. It’s ace. Just had a blast on it and it’s a fun bike for £999 bit weighty but a few smart upgrades will bring that down.

Rockplough
    Free Member

It’s the wrong size for you and will snap.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Had never heard of this bike until I read this thread. Just checked it out and it looks like a pretty damn good all round package for less than a grand. Nice one, hope you enjoy it!

molgrips
    Free Member

It’ll take a while to really get used to handling a FS. At first it’ll probably just feel bouncy, but then if you push yourself you’ll get the benefits.

wilko1999
    Free Member

I get that every time I go from my BMX to my FS, it feels absolutely terrible for about 5 minutes, like a bouncy barge that won’t go along when you pedal and won’t turn a corner. Soon get used to it though.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

I don’t know if it’s the 650b wheels or the full suss effect but it just rolls over everything and it’s nice not having my knees pounded. Get a few years out of this one then get a more expensive full suss.

rOcKeTdOg

pictures or we don’t believe it exists

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

New and old Together. Get some better ones tomorrow.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘New bike’ is closed to new replies.