Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • new bathroom – best credit card for interest free?
  • sadexpunk

we’re after putting a new bathroom/toilet in, itll be around £3000, done by my mates building company. got a couple of cc’s already, one never used plus a tesco card that buys the shopping each week and is paid off fully each month.
    these cards have already gone past their ‘interest free’ period so id need a new card.
    what would be the best card/method to look at for paying for the bathroom? an interest free purchase card sounds like it would be, but i get confused with all the small print/hidden fees/transfer fees or whatever. not sure if id be best paying with one card, transferring to another etc etc….

any clued up financial experts care to advise? we’d be able to pay it off over a few years, but longer the better if its interest free.

cheers

bamboo
    Free Member

Check out moneysavingexpert, but I believe the post office card is the best deal around at the moment

sadexpunk

thanks, will do. i usually do that anyway with money stuff, but still get confused about transferring balances, balance transfer fees, blah de blah. will the best way of doing this be just get say a post office card, pay for work, spread the cost out til end of term, simple as that? no balance transfers from one of my current cards to a new one?

thanks

sadexpunk

looked at the PO card, and it is indeed the longest 0%, but….. im told by my wife this would be no good for paying my friends business, he doesnt have card payments. he would need a bank transfer or something, so it has to be a money transfer card? this sound right? id need around £3000 on a card to pay into his bank acc, then id pay it off monthly over however long the term is.
    personally i thought paying him would be a purchase, but she says not.

told you i get confused, money transfer cards, balance transfers, purchase cards…… :-/

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Can you at least use the CC to pay for materials?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘new bathroom – best credit card for interest free?’ is closed to new replies.