Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Never* drop saddle but want dropper seatpost
  • Just cant be bothered to drop saddle and ride most stuff without, is there any reason to get one?

*have dropped it a couple of times and once it allowed me to ride some thing that I had failed on prevoiusly

Am I just wasting my money?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I imagine they’re handy, but I can usually manage to ride everything (albeit a bit slower) with the saddle up. When I drop the saddle, I want to slam it to the bottom so its outta the way, unfortunately these new seatposts dont offer that range of adjustment yet.

mildred

Buy one 2nd hand, try it out & make yer mind up then. If you don’t try it you’ll never know. I could tell you how awesome it is but it’d mean nothing to you as we probably ride different stuff. Buying 2nd hand will prevent you making a big loss if you don’t get on with it.

therag
    Free Member

They are expensive, but if mine broke I’d replace it imediatly.

toys19
    Free Member

I want to slam it to the bottom so its outta the way, unfortunately these new seatposts dont offer that range of adjustment yet.

They do if 125mm is about the distance from fully extended to all the way down for your normal post. Which handily it is for me…

ian martin
    Free Member

If its a route I know then I always drop my saddle for the descents.
    I’ve worn out numerous seatposts with my constant saddle dropping and its a pain to stop and adjust my saddle all the time.
    Plus I never seem to get back to the right height as most seatposts don’t have any markings.
    Bought a gravity dropper, its ugly as hell but not as heavy as others and just works.
    I love it already.
    Get one and descend like a god!

psychobiker
    Free Member

just been through this myself, never dropped saddle, just used to slow down and occasionally have saddle whack me in the nuts. Got a Reverb from On One and first ride out absolutely loved it. has started to alter the way I ride already. Bit of a gamble at £200 but it paid off.

eshershore
    Free Member

They are expensive, but if mine broke I’d replace it imediatly.

^^ this

I snapped the trigger on my RS Reverb remote with my shorts (my fault) and went riding on the same day with my old Easton Haven post

hated the lack of fluidity in my riding as my left thumb kept going for the missing remote trigger..and was riding some very hilly terrain with steep descents where I had to stop and lower the saddle manually, and then raise again for climbing

once you get used to them, its really hard to go back, and it has a definite, positive effect on your riding experience

thankfully got my Reverb back within a few days replaced FOC under warranty and thoroughly enjoyed my next ride!

iridebikes
    Free Member

Blatant plug but i have one for sale, its nice and cheap 🙂

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/crank-brothers-joplin-3-post-in-vgc-316-remote-version

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Never* drop saddle but want dropper seatpost’ is closed to new replies.