Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Network Rail Strikes
  • RegP
    Free Member

Does anyone know anything further than there is a possibility that they may strike on Easter Weekend.

I am looking to use the Eurostar on Good Friday and want to know if my trip will be affected.

All Chat at present seems to of gone a bit quiet.

njee20
    Free Member

Eurostar shouldn't be affected anyway, as HS1 is operated independently of the rest of the network.

RegP
    Free Member

Sorry what is HS1?

njee20
    Free Member

High Speed 1, the line that Eurostar runs on, it's a totally separate part of the network, with separate signalling etc, so even if the RMT workers somehow manage to bring the rest of the network to a halt, Eurostar should continue largely as normal.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

travelling from Bolton to north of Inverness on good friday, if they go on strike i'm going to start windmilling 🙁

BigDummy
    Free Member

I support the right of signallers and maintenance dudes to withhold their labour. But I do rather hope they don't as I've got tickets to Manchester that weekend. 🙂

RegP
    Free Member

Do we know when they are going to decide what they are doing?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Talks to avert Easter rail strike

(UKPA) – 3 hours ago

Talks aimed at resolving a row over plans to cut 1,500 railway maintenance jobs are due to resume in a bid to avert a strike over Easter.

Maintenance, signalling and other workers backed a campaign of industrial action and dates for strikes could be set on Thursday unless there is progress during the talks between the Transport Salaried Staffs Association (TSSA), the Rail Maritime and Transport union and Network Rail under the chairmanship of the conciliation service Acas.

A row over rail safety flared after the TSSA said it had seen leaked documents showing that Network Rail was in breach of health and safety legislation over bridge inspections in Kent, Anglia and Wessex.

billysan
    Free Member

njee20, do you work for NR?

njee20
    Free Member

No, but I do work in transport, and know a fair bit about the rail industry!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Network Rail Strikes’ is closed to new replies.