Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • neighbour fence disputes
  • flatback
    Free Member

my next door looking from the front of the property to the right, in his back garden has made some alterations,, we have a feathered edge style fence 12m long, between the 2 back gardens, he has alltered the height of his garden as we are on a slope and used the fence between us as a retaining wall he has put 18 inches of mud up the fence levelling his garden, the particular fence has all the posts on my side which means he gets the good side of the fence, now his garden is higher he can see straight into my house, but the fence will rot through pretty soon, he is also a first class knob, what do i do please any advice

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Who owns the fence? If your neighbour owns it there's nothing you can do except put up a new fence higher than the old so you're not overlooked.

If you own it then I suppose you could make a claim against him for damaging the fence by putting soil against it but would you really want to sue him for it?

You can find out who owns it on your land registry document. A 'T' denotes who owns the boundary.

alexxx
    Free Member

mini digger – landscape his garden

Murray

First, go and talk to him. Explain the two problems (fence will rot and fall down, hence his garden will too) + lack of privacy. Suggest what you'd like to happen – I guess retaining wall plus fence now on top of retaining wall.

Give him a chance to be reasonable then follow the rest of the advice you'll get on this thread 🙂

aP
    Free Member

I don't believe that he has a right to support from your fence, and you may suggest that his insurance company is unlikely to look well upon him when his garden ends up in yours.

GrunkaLunka
    Free Member

My personal fav. – from your side of the fence, carefully tunnel under the new raised part of his garden being careful not to cause any disturbances or give your actions away. Hollow out a cave about 15ft deep by 20ft wide and fill this with explosives. Watch from upstairs, wait until he’s busting out the cuprinol in an attempt to fix the gradually rotting fence, then blow the little fecker to pieces.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Tell the police you think you saw him burying something wrapped up in a carpet

Edit: on a more serious note, you should check what he's done about drainage as you could find your garden submerged all winter with the run off from his land

thepurist

gardenlaw.co.uk is a good place to ask about this sort of thing – they've even got a special forum about fences. They'll know as much about fences over there as we do about bikes over here.. good luck!

theboatman
    Free Member

Could you not put up a bit of trellis to obscure his view into your house, and then perhaps pop round and punch him in the face?

tiger_roach
    Free Member

Some people are really odd – how long does he think the fence will last like that? It is likely to be your fence as you're supposed to put them up that way around so that the posts are on your land – often people don't though as they want to have the nice side of the fence facing them.

As an aside I find it curious when people put up a fence then only creosote their side; I suppose the assume the neighbour will do there's but why should they when it's not their fence?

project
    Free Member

Start a new thread, and post it on here some nice chaps on here will find only goodness and try and be helpful to your neighbour, councelling them till they loose the will to live. :-). = result

I have edited your original post top make it more u,, interesting to TJ.

my next door Mentally ill neighbour, looking from the front of the property to the right, in his back garden he has made some alterations, we have a feathered edge style fence 12m long, between the 2 back gardens, he has altered the height of his garden as we are on a slope and used the fence between us as a retaining wall he has put 18 inches of landscaped soil up to the fence thus levelling out his garden, the particular fence has all the posts on my side which means he gets the good side of the fence, now his garden is higher he can see straight into my houseand garden ,and watches me sunbathing naked on the patio, but the fence may rot through pretty soon,so he has wasted all the effort, he also has a first class knob,he also rides a road bike and dresses in lycra, and tights during the winter. what do i do please any advice

turin
    Free Member

If you find its your fence, remove it and watch as his garden spills into yours!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘neighbour fence disputes’ is closed to new replies.