Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Need to get a scratch out of my car
  • Harry_the_Spider

Some toe-rag has rested something on my bonnet and left a 500mm long scratch in the paintwork. It isn’t deep and hasn’t gone through to the metal, but with the car being black it stands out massively.

What is the best product for getting rid? I’ve got to go to Halfords tonight anyway and was thinking of some pigmented T-Cut but the reviews are rubbish. Is there anything else I should consider? I’m not after a concourse finish, I just want the white line to disappear.

This stuff has good reviews.

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/paints-body-repair/scratch-repair-paint-restorers/autoglym-complete-scratch-removal-kit

I’d post a picture, but photobucket is rubbish and I can’t remember the login for my other hosting account.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I had a similar one on my van, some wee cant took a key along there, as deep as yours sounds.

I tried t cut and the pen, both not really up to it. I ended up taking it it a local place that does accident damage. £40 and they also did a lot of other scratches around door handles etc.

It may need done again in a year or so, but I can’t see the scratch now, so quite happy.

johndoh
    Free Member

Following with interest…

kimbers

my beloved 😉 zafira got scraped in a car park a few weeks ago, only bothered because were looking to sell it soon

Harry_the_Spider

Follow up.

The £17 stuff from Halfords worked a treat.

jambalaya
    Free Member

We like an update

Harry_the_Spider

Pics on my Twitter feed if you can be arsed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Need to get a scratch out of my car’ is closed to new replies.