Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Need new road tyres, like Ultremo's but not
  • lunge

Evening all, I need a new pair of road tyres, I like Schwalbe Ultremo’s but the last 2 pairs have cracked on the edge of the central tread. Whilst both have been replaced under warranty I don’t really want the hassle again.

So, what else is like an Ultremo’s but won’t crack? I have used Conti GP4000s in the past and not really liked them so please don’t suggest those! I’m thinking maybe Michelin Pro 3/4’s or something from Vittoria maybe?

Any ideas folks?

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I ran Rubino Pro 3s for years on the posh bike, but got a good deal on some Michelin Pro 4s and have to say I’m impressed. I’ve probably only done a little over a hundred miles on them so far, but they feel nice. Can’t really describe it, but grippier, fast, maybe even a little more forgiving. I’d not planned to run them as early in the year as I have ended up doing, so given the state of the roads, they don’t seem to have cut or anything yet either. As I say – I’m impressed so far… I don’t expect them to last as well as the Rubinos but time will tell.

mrmo
    Free Member

i have used Vredestein Fortezza Tri- Comps and michelin pro 3’s both nice tyres, currently using a set of Conti Ultrasports, they were the only tyre in Halfords when i managed to delaminate the tread of the previous set. (that i managed to get the tread to delam is not a fault of the tyre, more the mileage i do and the unwillingness to replace kit) DO NOT USE THEM IF YOU LIKE CORNERS!!!

lunge

Bump for the day time people.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Need new road tyres, like Ultremo's but not’ is closed to new replies.