Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Need a roof box quick, cheap, and……
  • velocipede
    Free Member

…needs to leave space on the rood for at least one Thule bike carrier (so ideally half width)

I’ve out a WTD ad in the classifieds but wondered if anyone knows a cheap source of a new one in the NW somewhere??

jonnyboi

we use this. You can get one rack next to it easily and maybe two at a pinch.

we got ours fro £50 on gumtree

steve_b77
    Free Member

I got this for £160 last week from halfords with added BC discount, fits on my roof rails and with a bike carrier either side.

dubber
    Free Member

Plenty of bargains on the local classifieds / gumtree etc.

Got a £300+ box for £90 and how much it’s got scratched when stored in the garage I’m glad I didn’t buy new .

Just make sure it has the locks that when it’s open you cant remove the keys etc.

palmer77
    Free Member

Not sure if helpful (quick/cheap/good – pick two), but I’ve always used https://www.roofbox.co.uk/

hot_fiat

Aren’t roofbox.co.uk in sedburgh somewhere £195 for a kamei?

teethgrinder

I have a mahoosive roof box that you can just fit 1 carrier next to. You can borrow it if you can get to the North East – Between Hexham and Newcastle.

velocipede
    Free Member

Thanks teethgrinder – sadly too far away (I’m in Cheshire) but many thanks for the offer 😀

prawny

I’ve got one of them Kameis from Roofbox, it’s ace.

Not sure if it classes as cheap but it’s in the north and worth it’s weight in gold to me.

https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php/car-specific-accessories/kamei_husky_l_black_roof_box_left_side_opening_no_km329_0_81329_01_/Qx%40w%2C6M42VAwp3%40Rb%7B~cC4ure5JNfU

That one

funkrodent

Hi mate, I’ve got a roof box you can borrow if you want. It’s one that takes up approx 2/3 of the roof iirc. I regularly have it with one bike and could fit two at a pinch. I’m based in Sale in South Manchester. You can email me on address in profile. Cheers

cookeaa

I’ve been eyeing up this roof bag thing on Amazon, thinking it would suit beach and outdoor kit for family trips.

It’s relatively cheap and compact and easier to store, but I’ve not actually tried one yet though so can’t actually vouch for it…

sv

I have one of those roof bags, excellent VFM. Got two summers worth of camping out of it so far. Made a wooden base for it (that goes inside the bag) so that it suits across the roof bars and can’t move front/rear once tied down. Holds a lot of kit to.

chowsh
    Free Member

I’ve got a Thule Alpine 500 for sale (£75) but in West Oxfordshire so may not be good unless you’re passing this way.

velocipede
    Free Member

Managed to get one via the forum….thanks for all the help 😀

dahedd
    Free Member

Exodus from Halfords. We have a 360L Exodus in black.

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/roof-bars-roof-boxes/roof-boxes/exodus-360l-roof-box-gloss-black

Can fit it & 2 Thule racks on the roof of my Galaxy.

Duh. Just saw you got one

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Need a roof box quick, cheap, and……’ is closed to new replies.