Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Need a new laptop for my wife
  • nickjb
    Free Member

My partner has just started freelancing and needs a new laptop. Mostly document editing and internet but a bit of Photoshop and Illustrator, although no power user stuff. I’m thinking an i5 with 8gb, mid size/weight will do the job. This seems OK: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-15-ab291sa-15-6-laptop-red-10138072-pdt.html and actually keenly priced compared to discount online retailers. A quick look on ebay suggests I can get a 2nd hand i7 Lenovo for similar money. I think she’d prefer new and I’m a bit wary of used/refurbished (whatever that means). So, is my spec OK, am I wrong to avoid used, and has anyone seen any good deals? First one to say Macbook wins a special prize.

euain

It all depends on budget and that seems a lot of machine for the money.

Downsides that I can see are that’s not a very high resolution screen and it might be worth checking if you can add more memory to it. 8GB might be OK for the moment but you might find you wish you had more in there quite soon.

craigxxl
    Free Member

The last few HP Pavilions I’ve come across have been a lot slower in use than their specs would suggest. Even after removing all the bloat ware that HP install they are sluggish.
    If you could stretch the budget a bit further the Lenovo Yoga laptops with SSD drives are a far better machine. At the same price as the HP there is nothing I would recommend from PC World, maybe looking at Dell might be better.

Cougar

Came here to accept your trade, was disappointed.

takisawa2

I’ll raise Cougar’s opener to two laptops, & a dead Mondeo…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Came here to accept your trade, was disappointed.

ok – delivery by yodel?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Need a new laptop for my wife’ is closed to new replies.