Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Naughty Northumbrian
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

Entries just opened, thought I’d give it a go this year instead of Ard rock and seeing as they’ve brought it forward to august.  Anybody else signing up?

speedstar

Just signed up! Looks great from the videos and just northerly enough for a southern Scot!

beano68
    Free Member

Yup, also doing Ard Rock so it’ll be a nice warm up …  Naughty was great last year

frogstomp

Anyone know what the race format is – I.e. timed transitions and start times with seeding, or a more relaxed ride with your mates type thing?

sillysilly
    Free Member

Signed up, hope to improve on my last yrs performance. Went in blind last time as someone who usually rides park / trail cent, lacking any off camber / wet weather skill.

Last yr it was timed downs, tracked by wristband at start and end of each run. You could pick your own start time with a limit on people per slot. Faster riders were meant to start later.

darrenspink
    Free Member

“<span style=”background-color: #eeeeee; color: #444444; font-size: 16px;”>Went in blind”</span>

Speaking of being blind do you think lights are needed on some forest stages? Looking at a few videos it looks pretty damn dark in sections.

pothead
    Free Member

A couple of stages were VERY dark last year,  not sure but think I read they won’t b used again due to tree felling , did see people using lights last year tho

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

Last year was insane!
    I’m a little dissappointed they’ve brought it forwards; guess they’re assuming the weather may be drier?
    I loved the mad mess of the slop last year – and the corner of doom!

Still, a great event, super tech, probably one of the harder enduros – think Golfie or Thrunton rather than wideopen Ardrock style (Not dissing Ardrock there, doing that again this year too!) but definitely a more techy enduro!

GolfChick
    Free Member

Tempted but at £70 I’m not sure I can afford it or justify it especially as I’m already doing ard rock. I might wait til payday and see if there’s any tickets left then.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Looks like the going rate for two day events, pmba is 75 for Graythwaite. Don’t mind paying that for trails i’ve never ridden before or can’t normally.

beano68
    Free Member

Theres now 4 new stages …  Hopefully 1 and 6 have gone

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

I agree stage 1 offered little – but Stage 6 offered the best highlights video!! I can’t wait

kayla1
    Free Member

We were going to enter the shorter ‘sprint’ effort but there’s no mention of it now 😕

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Where are you seeing 4 stages, still reads 6 in the website?

https://www.naughtynorthumbrian.co.uk

kayla1
    Free Member

There are two from last year plus four new stages. I read it wrong as well.

beano68
    Free Member

4 new stages ….. Oh you’ve seen the update

chrisyork

Can’t wait for this, it’ll be my first ever event. Used to going quick and getting loose and love techy riding so should be spot on! The training for it has started!!

chrisyork

Very disappointed that i’m not going to be able to make this, we have two entries (but no tickets) which we’ll have to give up, just to let people know that that should free up another two places

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.