Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • My new 29er Trek.
  • nicolaisam
    Free Member

My 1st 29er Hardtail.1st hardtail in 7 years aswell

Trek Stache 7 in 19″

Have changed the Elixir 1’s to X0’s
    Have also converted the wheels to Tubeless using the Bontrager rim strips and valves,Brought XR3 TLR tyres aswell.

Have about 10 miles on it,seems to be fun,rolls well,handles well.

Frame is 142×12 rear,has Iscg mount,routing for stealth and standard dropper posts,and semi integrated tapered headset.

33tango

Nice that!

kristoff
    Free Member

Looks nice! Seat tube looks a bit freaky but guess the mud clearance has to come from somewhere.

Cheezpleez

Nice. That needs a dropper post

mattjg
    Free Member

Cheez is right, on both points. But I am a recent convert to droppers so, in true reformed smoker style, think any bike more agressive than a canal towpath hybrid needs a dropper.

mattjg
    Free Member

More importantly do I need a 29er trail HT?

nicolaisam
    Free Member

It will get one when i have some money.

This is the 2nd new bike i have brought this year.

My Nicolai AC has a Stealth Reverb.One of the best bike related parts made in the last 10 years..

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Not seen that colour in the flesh yet looks nice.Mate has the 8 and LBS has sold a few 8s.Hes please with .Mind his other half doesnt like the green 😀

Rosss
    Free Member

Looks top, can I ask where you bought that. Not seen any 19″ in stores!

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Can be brought from any Trek Dealer.Stache 7 are available in all sizes and stache 8 is available in all except 15.5″ which has sold out.

Just looked on Trek UK.so thats as of now.

I work for a Trek dealer in Cornwall. 😀

Rosss
    Free Member

Bike chain Ricci by any chance?

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Rosss— Good guess

Rosss
    Free Member

I use the shop regularly when i’m down and my brother goes in quite often. I remember speaking to you in store and you mentioned owning a few nicolai’s so I put two and two togeather.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Thats me…I havent seen your brother for a while.Last time he brought his brakes in for repair

Rosss
    Free Member

He’s just moved house so the bikes have been put aside but i’m down in two weeks and we’ve got a long week of biking planned so we’ll pop in and say hi, i’ll try and get him to pull the trigger on a reverb he’s been after if you have one in!

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Thought he had been quiet..lol

Ok pop in,will have a coffee

Rosss
    Free Member

Will do!

ratherbeintobago

It’s a real pity it’s not called a Gary Fisher Stache (or maybe a Hoo Koo E Koo?)

Looks like a really nice bike.

tomaso
    Free Member

Pink bike liked the Stache if you dig around for the review

LoCo
    Free Member

Borrowed Sam’s bike this weekend due to a roof bar malfunction (cheers) really liked it rode very nicely and was quite flick able and did want to jump as well, the amount of grip it generated if counter balanced when cornering even with the low profile xc tyres in sodden conditions was impressive. Not anymore inputs needed that my dialled Albert to get it moving around, and rolled and tracked very well over rocky fast trails

st

Took mine out for it’s first ride yesterday

Stem was too long so fitted a 45mm.
    Elixers swapped for SLX and my old Reverb has gone on

Bars have been raised ready for the next ride. Rim strips on order together with some Rubber Queens.

Forks as expected are simple but ok, looking into a mod to fit the Motion Control damper from an Argyle.

Overall I was pleased with it during yesterday’s brief ride. It’s my first time on a 29er and it’s replaced an SC Heckler so about as far apart as I could go.

mattjg
    Free Member

Am quite liking that bronze colour over the Stache 8’s green/grey.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

The paint finish is lovelly,looks amazing.

Its a fun bike

nicolaisam
    Free Member

The paint finish is lovelly,looks amazing.

Its a fun bike

Mister-P
    Free Member

I like that colour a lot.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

It looks a bit like the old Turner Flux i had that was anodized orange,seems to have the same sort of look,it looks strange as on the sharper edges its not as orange.

looks like the Orange colour is applied directly to the steel and then a clearcoat applied over that..

st

Steel?!?

It does look more like a coloured lacquer than paint.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

sorry…Not steel,meant to put Aluminium 😳

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘My new 29er Trek.’ is closed to new replies.