Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • My Hope m4s are awesome !,now..
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

Since buying my 5 pro earlier this year I’ve been less than impressed with Hope m4s I specced it with,they seemed to lack bite & feel,so I changed the original STD pads to some Gen Hope sintered ones,after setting the rears on fire coming down a long decent in Hayfield.

The sintered did offer a bit more stoppin power but the lever tended to have alot of lever travel,so I wasn’t getting the full benefit,I saw the clip on you tube on how to bleed them,& I am a very compentant mechanic btw!, i tried,but found it awkward on my own,with little bladder on top of the master cylinder,anyway,I was recently speaking to pal of mine whose had Hopes for years,& he asked what pads etc I was using,I said Gen Hope,he recommended Clarkes organic!, & after purchasing some,& him bleeding them correctly,I’ve gotta say WOW !,no lever travel,instant bite on both front & rear,they’re Mega.

It just goes to show how technique & the correct pad set up works,I would never have even considered Clarkes pads,but won’t be buying owt else from now on,and the half the price of Gen Hopes.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

after setting the rears on fire coming down a long decent in Hayfield

There’s some work to do on your technique, but not necessarily in the workshop.

Drag brakes nuch?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Glad to hear you’ve got them working properly. I’d be inclined to put that down more to the bleed than the pads though.

cardo

For the Kielder this year lots of people on forums etc recommended Clarkes pads , same as you I’d never of really considered them but they have been brill.. these are the sintered ones mind you… Hope brakes are superb they just need to be set up properly.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Scottchegg Im not usually hard on the brakes but if your familer with Hayfield it was coming through the farm yard back down to the main rd,its a fair old descent like,but I’m always open to constructive critism… 🙂

cardo,deffo worth a look are clarkes pads no question,in fact I’ve just ordered another 4 pair this am!, lol

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘My Hope m4s are awesome !,now..’ is closed to new replies.