Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 159 total)
  • My daughter sees ghosts
  • Harry_the_Spider

She is 6.

We live in a 200+ year old house.

She only sees them in one room.

She doesn’t call them ghosts, she calls them “dust people” or “smoke people”. The other day my wife asked her if she could see any at the moment and the reply was “There’s one behind you”.

We’ve had her eyes checked to see if she has any “floaters” but she came back with a clean bill of health.

Woo!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Could it be mrsfry?

A bit of previous there…….

footflaps

Do any of them have axes?

Yak

Can they use a tv remote?

martinhutch

You’ll get used to it. You may even grow to like it.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Hang on a minute … this is really scary!

What are you going to do?

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’ll be fine. Six year olds do spooky shit all the time…

My first ever thread on STW…….

Harry_the_Spider

Nothing. The rest of us can’t see them and she isn’t bothered.

binners

Maybe you should rethink your night-time attire, and only wear it for weekly cross-burning….

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I used to live with a vicar’s daughter, and her dad was trained in religious exorcisms.

I was fascinated, cos I didn’t know ‘exorcists’ actually existed. But she told me that he had helped many families with your sort of thing going on, regardless of their religious inclinations.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Ah well in that case it all sounds groovy.

Interesting though.

Pook

My three year old son sees “the grabby girl” who comes out of the cupboard or the wall.

Even I have to check now.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I’d want to know who they are/were and why they’re still bothering with things ‘down here’, I think.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Interesting.

My daughter (aged 6 ish) apparently takes part in superhero training whilst she is asleep.

She’s almost done Level 1. Up next is level 2 which is all about animal rescues.

Creative things aren’t they?

TM

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

It’s the names they give them that gets me.

chubstr
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/uz_F_t0B5No[/video]

fasthaggis

My cousin is in to all types of ghosty stuff,she has loads of stories like this.Little kids just have a brilliant imagination.

martinhutch

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWG_-FjtV_8[/video]

Harry_the_Spider

It’s the detail that gets me and the fact that she doesn’t call them ghosts “no daddy, they are people”. She only sees them on the landing outside my wife’s home office. Never in the office. The landing dates from 1810, the office from 2004. The office is north facing, so it doesn’t get shafts of light through the window.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

obviously they don’t actually exist, so she’s seeing imaginary friends and that’s even more fun, she should be congratulated for putting ghosts in there with imaginary friends, we need Frasier in here to do some couch work.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Didn’t I read somewhere that excessive consumption of pastry can cause hallucinations in children?

Lid only pies from now on. 😉

richc
    Free Member

If you live in an old house it’s just one of those things, you get used to it in the end and they are pretty easy to ignore.

If it bothers you just move to a newer house.

terrahawk
    Free Member

“There’s one behind you”

I’D BE GETTING THE F*** OUT OF THERE

Northwind

You can’t post Ghostwatch without a health warning! FFS!

martinhutch

😀

Harry_the_Spider

If it bothers you just move to a newer house

and to quote myself…

deadkenny
    Free Member

She can see you. Have you checked you’re alive?

tazzymtb

could actually be something there, just that as adults we are conditioned to not “see” them anymore. Loads of psychology studies to show that people will only perceive what they expect to be there and will not register things that don’t fit into that, Lots of Darren Brown illusions work on the same principals of inattention blindness and saccadic masking

GrahamS

My daughter (aged 6 ish) apparently takes part in superhero training whilst she is asleep.

She’s almost done Level 1. Up next is level 2 which is all about animal rescues.

What was level 1? Plant rescue?

My 6 year old and her friends assist the fairies that live in the school orchard. I’m not entirely sure why the fairies need help but I blame the Rainbow Magic books:

Harry_the_Spider

We have over 70 of them :-/

GrahamS

could actually be something there, just that as adults we are conditioned to not “see” them anymore.

Yeah… Or perhaps kids just have wilder imaginations than (most) adults and more readily ascribe fanciful interpretations to every day phenomena?

(As every parent who has had to explain a “scary shadow” or “radiator monster” will understand)

allthepies
    Free Member

tazzymtb

yep had to do the whole scary monster, ghost thing with my kid, however look at classic studies like the invisible gorilla, Our brains are great at filtering out what we don’t expect to see. Interestingly there is an element of learned behavior and dependent upon your cultural and religious belief systems, different people will filter different things from the same scenario, both convinced that they are right and the other person is lying about what they have seen

in the same way that if you have a heightened awareness regarding something (say example, bloody single speeders) you will “see” more bloody single speeders, whereas other folks wont notice any within the general blur of humanity or just see a bod on a bike

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Or perhaps kids just have wilder imaginations than (most) adults

Last week:

Him – Daddy, tell me a story about the ninjas. The fire ninjas. Cooking bacon. On Lego.
    Me – The fire ninjas cooking bacon on lego?
    Him – Yes. Not the turtles under the bed. They eat sausages.

He’s 3 1/2 and we’ve never spoken about ninjas before.

perchypanther
    Free Member

He’s 3 1/2 and we’ve never spoken about ninjas before has been watching Ninjago- Masters of Spinjitsu.

FTFY

I wish my conversations with my kids could be about lego ninjas.

Last nights gem…..

“Dad, I’ve got a bawbag!”

“What!? Where did you hear that word?”

“At school”

“Well, that’s not what it’s called. I don’t want to hear you saying that again..”

“But it IS a bag and it’s got Baws in it!” 😯

MrSmith
    Free Member

could actually be something there, just that as adults we are conditioned to not “see” them anymore.

LOL.
    do you read horoscopes to.

McHamish
    Free Member

I watch a lot of horror films and therefore an expert in these things…also I have access to the internet which makes me an expert on everything.

Your next step should be a Ouija board.

Then when it escalates and the spirits get violent, you need to get in student paranormal investigators.

You’ll eventually be forced to flee your home in terror in the middle of the night, but before the credits it will be revealed that the ghosts are linked to your family not the home, and they’ve come with you.

You’re weird Aunt may be part of a Witch Coven.

hora
    Free Member

Harry its mould spores in the room.

I’ve seen one at a training college where a security guard verified what I saw/he saw it too previously.

I’ve had things move round our house and a voice say ‘good night’ to me.

Im still a sceptic. Where are all the cavrmen ghosts?

DrP

When he was five my son came back from school saying they had a pie cooking competition and he made the champion pie and won, and the deputy head held him aloof and paraded him around the school and all the children cheered.

Best.
    Day.
    Eva….

Kids, brilliant!

DrP

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 159 total)

The topic ‘My daughter sees ghosts’ is closed to new replies.