Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • My Blur LT2 just went bang!
  • AndyRT
    Free Member

😥

Chainstay totally snapped just behind the weld near the shock. Looks like I’ll be calling SantaCruz UK in the morning.

Worried the front triangle has gone squarely too, and mine is anodised with 1″1/8 Chris King, so if they provide a new frame then I’m still quids out for a fork,headset and the rear shock which was only pushed in the summer.

😥

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Won’t they put your bits on the new one for you?

Chainline
    Free Member

I presume from that they’ve gone tapered or similar. Fork will still be fine, just different headset. King will sell well, easily replace with a good tapered headset, just won’t say king 😉

Have they changed the shock stroke too, that’s more of a bummer..

SBrock
    Free Member

Be interesting to see what they come up with, I presume your within the 2 yr warranty?

AndyRT
    Free Member

It’s a longer warranty I think. Mine is 3yrs old, but ‘as new’.

It just had its bearings done too, by Santa Cruz UK (which pissed off my LBS but Im sure they will be sighing with relief when they see it in the morning).

I’m not blaming SCUk for the bearing issue, but I think it might be tha cause as the bearing is really stiff. I’m sure it stressed the seat stay to the point of catastrophic failure.

I’ll look into headsets…just bought the lyrics recently, which made the bike a total hoot!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Its 2 years from date of purchase

Regardless of if it being as new !

you may get crash replacement of the chainstay, think it was around 300 quid an end iirc when i needed a bullit swing arm for a mate

AndyRT
    Free Member

Damn!!!

Excuse me as I wander of into a dak corner and have a cry 😥

DT78
    Free Member

Call jungle – even if out of warranty they have a crash replacement scheme

bella
    Free Member

Was 250 for a new swingarm for my heckler. Took so long to get here (Was prepared to have any colour) that I ended up having a slight accident and buying an ex demo blood by mistake

p7rich
    Free Member

any chance of a photo?

ss
    Free Member

Is this where it broke? And is it skidmark brown?

Mine did the same 18 months ago while pedalling up a hill. I always thought it bobbed a bit much in granny ring so I’m now running a 24t granny ring and a 180 disc rather than the 203 that I had on it. The replacement has been going for a year or so now. The replacement has a slightly more substantial weld at this point so I’m assuming it’s a problem they’re aware of even though Jungle denied this. I think the slightly newer ones have a different weld design again because of this problem?

Jungle wouldn’t sell me a crash replacement even at full price? (I had no warranty so wasn’t expecting a discounted one)

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I wouldn’t expect a huge amount of good will from Jungle. My experience with them was awful. Heckler swingarm bust well within warranty and they “didn’t see the need” to get a replacement the same colour.

You might be better off buying a new frame. One that doesn’t say Santa on the side

AndyRT
    Free Member

Yes, exactly the same place…

AndyRT
    Free Member

So far SC UK have been agreeable and fair. I’ll post the story as it unfolds…

For those with Blur LT2s… Go out to your bike and take a close look at the seat stay…

SBrock
    Free Member

This will be interesting then?!

AndyRT
    Free Member

Well, what can I say! SCUK have been great. Issue resolved and everybody’s a winner today. Only shame being my bike won’t be brown any more, but it will be great!

They threw in a headset and crown race adapter to boot as no longer doing 11/8 external headsets.

Thank you all very much, and see you out there, but as ever the Blur will stay at home whilst rain and mud persist!

Yes, I’m a closet hardtop singlespeeder in the gloopy seasons.

SBrock
    Free Member

so what did they do?

GW
    Free Member

but as ever the Blur will stay at home whilst rain and mud persist!

WTF? 😕

AndyRT
    Free Member

GW: any idea how much those bearings cost?

Besides its more fun on a hard tail in the slop.

We agreed on a price ( I won’t disclose) to replace the whole bike as mine was probably one of the last ever to be anodised brown. I loved the colour. Went really well with CK mango!!!

GW
    Free Member

£3 each? 😕

bbb
    Free Member

Seems to be a problem with the skid mark brown ano frames only. Do a search and you’ll find that all the ones that broke there are brown ano ones. Although there is no official word, it seems pretty logical that it was a bad batch. The newer rear triangles have subtly changed welds in that area too.

honourablegeorge

AndyRT – Member
    GW: any idea how much those bearings cost?

Santa Cruz bearings cost nowt – they’re lifetime warrantied, so if they wear out, send them back.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Whatever…full bouncer for hardback and heavy frost days and hard tail for singlespeed slip sliding and Swinley until I need a 29er….

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘My Blur LT2 just went bang!’ is closed to new replies.