Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Muslim schools trouble brewing
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Whats your view ?

bbc news

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Whats your view ?

No worries, can’t possibly be happening, racist overtones, blah blah blah.

cloudnine
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Does anyone else always read :

Whats your view ?

As:

I’m not racist, but. Whats your view ?

Jamie
    Free Member

I read it as:

Whats your view *insert a space for no real reason* ?

…but I think you’re way off. OP isn’t racist, it’s just the topic that came out of his topic tomobola. Could have been about cats, cars, bananas etc 8)

piemonster

A www crap. And I’m all outta biscuits

doh
    Free Member

What’s your view on the Christian schools that have recently been in offsted reports for much the same?

flip
    Free Member

Pulls up pint 😉

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

It’s a question plain and simple !

I actually think faith schools are okay, if they are failing their pupils then obviously that has to be addressed.

Does that make me a racist then ?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Jamie you got it in one…here’s a virtual pint

Jamie
    Free Member

Cheers !

kimbers

I think we determined from the Lincolnshire village school not representing Islam enough thread it was PC gone mad ofsted lefty conspiracy I believe

cloudnine
    Free Member

chewkw
    Free Member

unfitgeezer – Member

Whats your view ?

bbc news

Ban them if they intend to radicalise students. No if or but.

🙄

mikey3
    Free Member

I was going to take a couple of bananas on a ride today but they were a bit bruised,think i’ll probably use them in a cake,who do I blame? its just not fair

slowoldman

Blimey, I think I agree with chewkw. There’s a first.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

chewkw
    Free Member

mikey3 – Member

I was going to take a couple of bananas on a ride today but they were a bit bruised,think i’ll probably use them in a cake,who do I blame? its just not fair

Well, I think you should bake some banana cake/bread … I like! You need to spread some butter on it again later … arrrghhhh … butter overload!!!

:mrgreen:

slowoldman – Member

Blimey, I think I agree with chewkw. There’s a first.

No scientist was harm in agreement. 😆

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/q9MXet]blindfold-critique-joshua-david-lynch[/url] by jimmyg352, on Flickr

thatscold
    Free Member

I say embrace change, you can’t stop it.

I’ve grown a beard, and I’m learning the Quran. So I’m prepared for the revolution.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Embrace change? F*** T***!
    Ban them obviously 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I say embrace change, you can’t stop it.

Wanna bet?

thatscold
    Free Member

I might have problems giving up beer though……….

darrenspink
    Free Member

Schools should be temples of learning ‘fact’ not what is believed to be. All faith schools of any kind including CofE should be banned and cease.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I might have problems giving up beer though……..

Whoaa, hang on a bit, don’t get silly!

BillMC

It’s fine to study religion in schools as an anthropological academic pursuit but it’s not fine to inculcate students.

kimbers

Populations are dynamic the history of humanity is one of migration and cultural mixing

These days we are mostly atheists and nominally c of e I suupose, once we were catholic, before that we had worshiped Jove, saturn and the gang, thor b4 that and who knows going back 100s of millennia till we were bashing out hand axes in a valley in etheopia

Fortunately education is a good antidote, I’m not going to live in fear of some tabloid hyped islamisation of the country

Ofsted are doing a good job, I’m sure we won’t all be wearing hijabs to go mtbing any time soon 😀

though I personally think faith schools of any type have no place in education and Tony Blair and now Cameron + Gove have made a big mistake with their accedemy and faith school drive, education is too important to be at the whim of commercial and religious influences

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Muslim? Muslim muslim muslim. Muuuuuslim. Muslim, muslim, muslim-muslim. Muslim. Muslim MUSLIM! Muslim.

Dirka Dirka Muhammed Jihad.

jambourgie
    Free Member

BillMC – Member

inculcate

A new word for me. Nice 🙂

BillMC

There’s lots more if you need them.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

From reading that article it doesn’t sound like ‘trouble brewing’, just heavy religious teaching that won’t equip the kids for life in the UK. Hopefully they get sorted out.

Tiger6791

I think Ken Robinson has a point

Well worth watching 🙂

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iG9CE55wbtY[/video]

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Faith schools of any type, no thanks.

lalazar
    Free Member

Maybe OFSTED the government or the media need to actually define what they mean by radicalisation. Do they mean people actually will actually commit terrorist acts or do they mean that they are becoming more involved in Islam ie attending the mosque more frequently. There has to be a distinction but at the moment the lines are a bit blurred.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Maybe OFSTED the government or the media need to actually define what they mean by radicalisation.

The Media is definitely not capable of making that distinction. Here is an OFSTED report that says these schools are not performing adequately and the Media latches on to the most extreme possible point to get the numbers up.

zippykona

Can’t we just skip all religion in school? I recently went to a full on religious funeral it is was just preachy crap with insert name of deceased here.
    I left angry.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

That horse bolted years ago in Tower Hamlets

neilwheel
    Free Member

Can’t we just skip all religion in school?

I think we would need to skip religion altogether then.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

That Ken Robinson talk – one of the best talks I’ve ever watched and (coincidentally and apropos of possibly nothing) first shown to me by a Muslim. Ironically he was an engineer and wanted nothing more than for his kids to excel at mathematics 😉

Sir Ken raises desperately important points, and one of the unspoken subtexts is that we nearly all of us (to differing degrees) wish our children to be interested/adept in things that we ourselves prefer to do, rather than to explore their own full potential via their own unique interests. This is tied up with values, I think, we find value in our own pursuits – be they engineering, biking, religion or whatever – and obviously try and pass those values on via the gene pool, possibly thinning it with regards to creative potential both as individuals and as a species?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Muslim schools trouble brewing’ is closed to new replies.