Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • "Muslim lollipop lady"
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well I’ve just had to google ‘counterinterpretation’, and yes it was easy to understand, once it had been explained to me.

Btw did they use the word ‘gritty’ in the article ?

If there’s one thing I know about the visual arts from reading Viz is that you have to use the word gritty a lot.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

If there’s one thing I know about the visual arts from reading Viz is that you have to use the word gritty a lot.

IIRC don’t you have to “connect” a lot as well? Connect with the struggles of the working man, connect with feelings of counterinterpreted disenfranchisment. Does it connect to feelings of isolation in our post-modern society? because if it doesn’t, it’s just pish-coloured pish.

Nico
    Free Member

So, not the work of a photoshop colour replacer after all eh?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Is this where we are told later it’s a blue dress and our eyes are not seeing blue?

Drac

I didn’t think the article was written in that complicated or flowery language.

Don’t think anyone said it was complicated but but it was packed full of as many big words as little book could tell him.

s this where we are told later it’s a blue dress and our eyes are not seeing blue?

<— Page 1.

konabunny
    Free Member

it was packed full of as many big words as little book could tell him.

??? Like what?

Drac

No not just what.

konabunny
    Free Member

you’re like the Paul Whitehouse scaffolder character. you’re browsing the Bloomberg arts pages and desperate to discuss performance art but cover it up with dismissive comments.

don’t hide your light under a bushel

(((drac)))

hora
    Free Member

Whats the point of this topic?

If on a forum overseas someone posted a pic of a funny Christian woman would you question underlying motives?

Yes the image is unusual but why post?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Whats the point of this topic?

Good point !

There’s nothing more pointless than a pointless thread. Except perhaps a pointless post on a pointless thread.

Have you got a pic of a funny Christian woman ? I promise I won’t question your motive if you post it.

Drac

The point was to see where its origin was from and then it developed into is it art or not and if the article is crap or not.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah but what’s the point of art…….has it ever changed the world ?

At least interesting discussions on forums probably have.

Like hora I only come here to deal with important issues.

konabunny
    Free Member

If on a forum overseas someone posted a pic of a funny Christian woman would you question underlying motives?

Hora is right – when you talk about the image, it’s as much about the person doing the viewing as it is the person being viewed. Why is someone wearing a high viz burqa interesting? What has motivated people to share it on social media? Why do people want to talk about it?

“High Visibility Burqa” wasn’t meant to be lasting art. But the performance had a certain beauty. And it certainly provoked thought on some of the most pressing political problems facing Europe today. I’ll remember it.

johnnystorm

ernie_lynch – Member
    Yeah but what’s the point of art…….has it ever changed the world ?

At least interesting discussions on forums probably have.

Like hora I only come here to deal with important issues.

I was about to reply and then I read it properly. 😉

poah
    Free Member

ben 10 fan maybe?

CountZero

Does she know what drivers won’t give her any more room and that ‘studies’ show flo-yellow is no safer than any other colour.

Tests have shown that Saturn Yellow continues to be the most effective fluorescent colour.

Pretty sure that fluorescent yellow is consistently shown to be the most highly visible colour for safety purposes, followed by fluorescent orange.
    Just going out of doors and seeing people wearing hi-viz should show that.
    And that outfit would certainly make her hard to miss.
    Interpret that any way you want to… 😉
    http://www.colormatters.com/color-and-vision/color-and-vision-matters

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

It’s an outrage!!

They obviously need more thorough DBS checks:

That guy is well known for his love of coke and hookers.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘"Muslim lollipop lady"’ is closed to new replies.