Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mudguards for On One Dirty Disco
  • psycorp
    Free Member

So I’ve decided that I’m getting a Dirty Disco as my one do it all road(ish) bike. Being carbon (my first) it doesn’t have mudguard mounts so what options are there that can be recommended?

Cheers

mattsccm
    Free Member

You may have fun with the fork. I used a bit of Mechano for the disc side onto a mount. On the right I used one of those brackets from SKS that are used for Raceblades. They go onto the QR skewer.
    At the top is where problems can occur. My Pickenflick has a carbon fork that has no hole underneath. I was planning on shoving a cork up there and then a screw through the guard but no hole. Instead I used 3m super Velcro. That was ok except I occasionally knocked the guard and had to remount it. Not when riding. I have thought of drilling the underside of the fork and either using a small self tapper or a rivnut. Anyone done that.
    At the back its p clips all round. My Cotic X has no chainstay bridge and I used an old chromed clip that’s meant to mount a single down tube gear lever. Point the hole backwards and bolt to that. Neat.

duckman

XL raceguards with a heath robinson assortment of cable ties and the type of rubber bands used for crud guards. I took them off about a month ago and can no longer visualise how I did it on the front 👿

TeaBoyPaul

I’ve had SKS Raceblades on mine for the last couple of months and they have been fine.. You’ve got to do a bit of jiggling of the front brake cable to get the mount to fit but the bands slip nicely behind the rear gear cable no problem. They have been solid and loads of space with 28mm tyres fitted so no worries about rubbing etc.

convert

As lovely as the DD is for the money at the moment, if you are after a CX bike to put proper full guards on there are probably better choices out there.

psycorp
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies guys.

@Convert

Admittedly there probably are better choices and had I been able to find the perfect steel alternative I probably would have gone that way instead. However for me the lack of mudguard mounts and subsequent bodging to get some fitted are a small price to pay considering the cost, spec, versatility, weight, performance and positive reviews of the DD. For instance I’d love to get an Equilibrium 20 but can’t justify the 50% extra cost and I don’t think it will be as versatile as the DD.

Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mudguards for On One Dirty Disco’ is closed to new replies.