Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Muddy Fox shoes. are they any good ?
  • I’ve pulled the soles off a pair of Sidi shoes again.
    While I try to remember where I bought them and sort out a warranty claim if I can, I could do with something cheap and quick.
    Muddy Fox look OK in Sports Direct.
    That’s some pretty big discounts they’ve got there.
    Are they really £100 shoes reduced to £20, or are they £20 shoes with a pretend previous price ?

proflexforever
    Free Member

the reviews paint the picture…..

cheap introduction to SPD’s i guess….

but you always get what you pay for…buy cheap pay twice

“…buy cheap pay twice…”

Whereas, with Northwave or Sidi, it’s buy expensive, buy twice.
    I think my Northwave shoes were about £100. The soles fell off within the warranty period and Leisure Lakes told me it was normal wear and tear and not covered.
    I think my Sidi shoes were about £100, reduced from about £150 in a sale.
    I’m trying to remember where and when I bought them. I’m fairly sure it was less than a year ago.

Am I the only mountain biker to use clipless pedals like a roadie, to pull on the upstroke ? Or do other people keep pulling the soles off too ?

mattsccm
    Free Member

A mate bought the road ones. I have had stiffer socks!
    Nasty

andypandy85
    Free Member

The fit of the MF shoes is awful! I’d go with Wiggles own brand (DHB) shoes, they’re just a good as my Northwave shoes, but only 35 quid. The carbon sole option it’s slightly more, but excellent shoes!

Junkyard
    Free Member

nah MTG i pup as well

nevtr ripped a sole off tbh but I am the lightweight vegan to your bourbon fuelled self 😉

iain1775
    Free Member

15% off shoes at on one today, get some cheap shimanos to tide you over – about £30 I think

King-ocelot
    Free Member

As Andy said Wiggles own are the best of the budget ones. I had some muddy fox £9.99 as box was missing in the summer sale they lasted about 3 months which was good for a tenner but I wouldn’t pay full price. I don’t think they are that bad but not worth bothering with compared to wiggles. I stopped buying expensive ones years ago as the bottoms always came off or worked lose.

There wasn’t much of a selection in my local branch of Sports Direct. I got these for £22.
    I haven’t fitted the cleats or ridden in them yet, but they seem OK so far.

“The fit of the MF shoes is awful!”
    I’ve often been told I ought to buy better quality jeans because “they fit better”.
    Maybe I’m just lucky and, by coincidence, the model they use for Tesco £4 jeans and MF £22 shoes is the same shape as me, because they seem to fit me fine.

I’ll give these a go, I’ll get the hot melt glue gun on the Sidis, then I’ll probably buy the DHB ones as a long term solution.

rp16v
    Free Member

I only paid about 35 for my shimano m075 on crc

PrinceJohn

I’ve got a pair of specialized shoes that are about 6 years old, think they were about 70… They look like those muddy fox ones.

I’d be fuming if a shoe fell apart as the op described & then told it was wear & it tear…

darkslider
    Free Member

Ive got a set of the shoes in the OPs link, mfs100 or something. Bought them in my local shop for £18.00, for that money you can’t go wrong. They fit well, they’re comfy, don’t look awful and they’re well ventilated, I combine them with Endura overshoes for the commute. I’ve only got them as a first spd shoe so if they last a year I’ll be well chuffed!

edsbike
    Free Member

The soles are just on the soft side of running trainers. Other than that and the gash uppers they’re great. Some bloke brought the road ones in the have cleats fitted, normal bolts poked through the insole, the outer sole is about 3mm of plastic. No redeeming features, I’d rather ride in flip flops.

johnellison
    Free Member

I have a pair of MF road shoes, full carbon sole, the works. Granted the uppers are a bit plasticky but at £35 off eBay, who’s complaining? Not me, that’s for sure. As for saying that the fit is awful, surely that’s subjective? Everybody has different shaped feet for a given size – I find them to be fine, no pinching, toe-box spot on. For the price, I can’t fault them.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Muddy Fox shoes. are they any good ?’ is closed to new replies.