Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • MTB Trousers- advice please!!
  • rockymerlin
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m looking at buying some mtb trousers (non water proofs)- for general xc’ing

I’m looking at either Altura Apex £36

or Endura Hummvee £44.

Is anybody willing to share their experience on these, or even recommend something different around the same price range?

Thanks

Sam

shredder
    Free Member

Have just purchased ;
    These
    In fact liked them that much bought two pairs

househusband

Thanks, shredder – just ordered a pair myself!

I was going to recommend Ground Effect Ranchsliders and Keela Scuffer trousers (the latter isn’t bike specific but have articulated knees and are very waterproof) but at half-price the Fox Shuttle pants that shredder suggests are a steal.

shredder
    Free Member

A pleasure 😀

househusband

May I ask how you found the sizing, shredder..? I’m normally at the top end of a 34″ waist but have gone for the 36″ and hoping they aren’t the size of a whale…

shredder
    Free Member

Im a pretty std 34 waist tried them in 32″ to be sure and they were too tight. The 34s are not a small 34 so much so that the pair I’ve got for slopping about in I wear a belt with. The pair for riding when worn with no belt fit a little snugger by using the internal waist adjusters.
    I rode up in the Dales yesterday and wore them over a pair of thickish tights and they were fine.
    You may not want to hear this but think by the sounds of it you may be better with the 34.

househusband

Ta, will call Stif in the morning and see if I can change!

househusband

Ended up ordering the 34″ and the 36″ waist and I’m glad I did! Definitely the 36″ for me and my thighs… or maybe I just need to accept the fact that I am closer to a 36 waist than a 34… 😳

Really good trousers for the money, so thanks again shredder. 8)

arthural
    Free Member

I had a similar question. Thanks!

shredder
    Free Member

Glad you like them househusband and as said nice trousers at that price
    Cheers

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Save your money and get these. They’re tough, have lots of space to move your legs around, dirt doesn’t stick to them much and they dry pretty quickly when they get wet. More than enough pockets too.

maccruiskeen

I quite like the Surface trousers, nothing very MTB styled about them but really comfy, breathable, light, stretchy, repel water well, dry well.

therag
    Free Member

Cheers shredder, ordered a pair after your post. Delivered already.

shredder
    Free Member

Great stuff they are doing all right from this thread, my friend ordered some as well.

bikeind
    Free Member

i love the Endura stuff with a passion”! buy some you wont regret it!

househusband

i love the Endura stuff with a passion”! buy some you wont regret it!

Alternatively, and based on most peoples experience, you may well regret it.

(And that includes my own; random sizing, random quality…)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘MTB Trousers- advice please!!’ is closed to new replies.