Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • MTB Challenge events
  • andylowe1
    Free Member

I completed the Dark Peak Challenge a few weeks ago. 38 miles in some of the worst conditions that I have ever ridden in but I loved every minute of it. Although I have been riding XC for quite a few years, its the first actual event that I have taken part in. I have now got the bug so in 2012 I want to do some more. Can anybody recommend any to take part in ? First time poster on here as well so hello to all . . . . .

postierich
    Free Member

Hi Andy try the Keilder 100+ any Hit the North event Coed Brenin Enduro was good ths year same guys that run the Dyfi Enduro.

jonba
    Free Member

Hi,

The kielder 100 is certainly one to aim for, one on my favourite and least favourite events all at the same time.

Selkirk CRC marathon is probably the best course I’ve ridden.

The Glentress 7 (laps over 7hours) was really good. Could have made more of it staying up there to do some of the other rides.

Whinlatter challenge is good for an early year ride. I believe the is one at grizedale too.

singletracksurfer

where abouts are you based/looking to ride?

druidh
    Free Member

Isle of Man E2E is a bit different. Great atmosphere and support from the locals.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Mach’ N Back in mid January.

Welsh Ride Thing at the start of June.

Bear Bones 200 in mid October

Have a search about on http://www.bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk for more details. All in Wales and all involve a good percentage of suffering 😉

dickie
    Free Member

Hit the North
    Whinlatter Challenge
    Gisburn 12 Hours Enduro
    Pennine X Challenge
    Kielder 100
    Dalby 100(km) Challenge
    Colne Valley Challenge
    Calderdale MTB Challenge
    Hope Valley Challenge

andylowe1
    Free Member

Cheers all. Thankyou for your suggestions. I am based in Derby but I am prepared to travel and I can see a few weekends away biking next year. Thanks again. . . . .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘MTB Challenge events’ is closed to new replies.