Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • MTB and state of mind.
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

I had a bad day yesterday a few little niggles that added up to a sod this I'm going on time, first time in ages I've been pissed off.

Had my bike in the car and so went for a pootle round Swinley for while, never ceases to amaze me how time on the bike can clear your head and improve your mood.

I know there are a few people out there who have some head issues. I wonder why more is not made of excercise instead of happy pills in general.

Hohum
    Free Member

Not sure exactly why, but I can quite imagine that a lot of it boils down to the laziness of Joe public in general.

It is MUCH easier to pop a pill than get up and go out and do some exercise.

I have suffered from general depression and anxiety over the last couple of years and things are now starting to settle down, thankfully. I am quite positive that my MTB hobby has helped both my physical and mental health.

Keva
    Free Member

I wonder why more is not made of excercise instead of happy pills in general.

it is but most people can't be bothered to take any exercise as it involves doing something positive and that requires effort. It's much easier to be negative, do f. all and carry on regardless, which is why popping a happy pill will always win but never work.

Kev

GW
    Free Member

it's more the buzz of riding rather than the excercise that blows the shit from my head!

done shit loads of pills, none come close to a quick ride!

EuroClive
    Free Member

"I wonder why more is not made of exercise instead of happy pills in general". Members's of our government don't own shares in exercise but they do in the pharmaceuticals industry 😆 Just be thankful they cant tax it, I've never understood how a synthetic concoction can solve your woe's, good old fashioned endorphins for me please. The flip side is it does help keep the numbers down on the trails…

grumm
    Free Member

Nice judgemental attitudes on display here as usual.

BTW – NHS round here offers counselling which includes recommendations to exercise and free access to a gym/help developing an exercise programme – before 'handing out pills'.

Lots of people with depression also have health problems that make exercise difficult. But obviously they should just man up 🙄

falkirk-mark

What do you recommend for "I am going to Carron Valley shortly but I cannot be arsed with it" ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘MTB and state of mind.’ is closed to new replies.