• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • M&S Insurance renewals
  • Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Anyone who’s got the old £4k policy with them, does it automatically renew?

honeybadgerx

Yup. Slightly gutted as I’ll be selling my house soon (hopefully…) but having a break before buying another so doubt I’ll be able to carry it over!

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Hmm. We didnt get any letters or suchlike – but I’ll get the missus to check her account.

Ta

honeybadgerx

I got a letter about a month (maybe a little more) in advance. Give them a bell I guess.

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Just having visions of them craftily not renewing the policy in order to get customers to buy the new policy so that we don’t get the 4k policy we previous had…

Konastoner
    Free Member

Mine just dropped through the door now, no changes to Ts&Cs but i will check anyways.

chakaping
    Free Member

We got a letter and I was later glad I’d swallowed the premium hike after beign burgled.

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Just had the wife confirm the DD is still being drawn, so clearly yes.

£10 increase, but considering I extracted a £2500 Zesty from them using the accidental damage part of the policy, I think I’ll swallow the increase…

Cougar

I got a renewal last month.

Rang em up going “you’re too dear” and had a nice chat with them. Turned out that switching from £100 to £150 voluntary excess would knock considerably more than £50 off my premium, so was a no-brainer.

In passing I mentioned that the reason I went with them because of the bikes and asked if that’d changed. She said that they don’t do that policy any more (so as a new customer you can’t get it), but existing customers get to keep it if it’s a renewal. And, as above, the renewal is still a renewal even if you make changes.

br
    Free Member

Yup. Slightly gutted as I’ll be selling my house soon (hopefully…) but having a break before buying another so doubt I’ll be able to carry it over!

Why, its contents insurance so just put it onto another address – or where all your contents are stored. That’s what we’ve done.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘M&S Insurance renewals’ is closed to new replies.