Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • MRSA infected eczema – anyone got any experience of it?
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

My missus works in a hospital as a physio and her hands are shot to hell with eczema, which looks very much like the pictures you see of MRSA infected eczema.

Any ideas on how to deal with it because her occy health dept aren’t really helping?

druidh
    Free Member

GP?

wwaswas

if it’s MRSA then I’d get onto your GP asap and go through ‘usual channels’.

I’m surprised, tbh, you’d think the hospital wouldn’t want someone with open MRSA infection pootling around the place touching everything and everyone…

glupton1976
    Free Member

She’s off work until it’s all sorted.

She’s been to the GP, but there are humming and hawing and going to refer her to a dermatologist – eventually.

woody2000

You sure it’s not irritant contact dermatitis? Too much alcohol gel maybe – my good lady’s hands get sore from using that stuff, but not as badly.

winstonsmith

nasty. she has my sympathy.

If the GP knows nothing, try a second opinion. I got referred to dermatology in Edinburgh for my eczema. I think it took about 2 months to come through so she really can’t wait that long if it’s infected

winstonsmith

s aureus often infects ezcema damaged skin – what makes you think it’s mrsa rather than a more treatable version?

martinhutch

Can’t the GP take a couple of swabs for testing? Should at least identify staph if it’s there and get her onto some form of topical antibiotics, even if the exact strain is not identified.

GrahamS

A useful information leaflet for your house:

Please be sure to daub a large red cross on your doorway and windows, which will be boarded shut momentarily.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘MRSA infected eczema – anyone got any experience of it?’ is closed to new replies.