Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Motor traders? …..Glass's guide ?
  • perchypanther
    Free Member

Since this place is clearly the repository of all internet knowledge, allow me to stir-fry this in your collective think-wok……..

Any motor traders on the forum able to give me the book prices on a 10 plate Ford Smax 1.8 TDI Titanium?

I want to get an idea of it’s trade in value to let me budget for a shiny new(ish) chariot.

Ta.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Most dealers use the value given by webuyanycar for their trade in prices. I think they use them as an underwriter as well.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, Ive had a couple of trade in prices on my soon to be PXd vehicle, all said “we use WBAC” for our valuations then adjust up/down a little based on condition and what’s it being PXd against.

prawny

Autotrader will do a free valuation if you log in.

What’s the milage?

Edit – With some guesses it’s throwing out £5500 private sale.

Further edit – £4100 as PX

totalshell

brother in law sells new cars at the knuckle.. volume over anything else cheapest in the market. they do trade ins via agreed values from the pool of half a dozen guys who buy their trade ins.. so they know how much they can sell your car for that day. the guys bid on the basis that they are bidding to buy. you dont get as much but they dont have to add anything to the knuckle price of the new motor to cover auction fees transportation storage etc.

houndlegs
    Free Member

Whats a knuckle price?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Motor traders? …..Glass's guide ?’ is closed to new replies.