Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 167 total)
  • Moto GP 2016
  • rossi46
    Free Member

So, a new season and a new start- but we all know what people will be talking about before the lights go out at round one.
    However, how’s about Dani Pedrosa for a shot at a championship? I wont count him out!

Rorschach
    Free Member

It will take me a while to forget last season and start watching again (which is a PITA without BT sport) …..maybe 2017/18.
    Superbikes will fill the gap.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

His foot slipped….

br
    Free Member

Hard to bet against Lorenzo over a full year, but all depends on whether the Honda suits MM.

Pigface
    Free Member

Agree, can’t be arsed with it after last seasons debacle.

RustySpanner

Thoroughly enjoyed last year, apart from the obvious, spoilt only by not being able to watch live.

Will be interesting to see who is stronger psychologically – I’d like to see Rossi and Marquez behaving like adults, but it’s not going to happen.

I have a huge amount of respect for Rossi, but he’s lost the mental advantage.
    Be very interesting to see how he copes with people who he knows cannot be intimidated.

Bring it on.
    🙂

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

However, how’s about Dani Pedrosa for a shot at a championship? I wont count him out!

I too would love to see that as Dani has had so much bad luck in his career.

I just can’t see it happening with the way HRC are dancing to the tune of the Marquez clan. Dani is clearly a #2 rider now who is keeping the seat warm for the next big thing arriving.

I hope it’s not Maverick as I think the Marquez family would do everything in their power to keep him down. Hopefully he can get a set at Yamaha when the GOAT retires.

Stoner accepting a testing role at Ducati has a lot to do with the Marquez/HRC love-in too. He’s inferred that he wasn’t allowed to ride Dani’s bike when he had his op in case he embarrassed HRC’s wunderkind.

lazybike
    Free Member

Not on BT? where can we watch it live? Are the highlights still going to be on ITV 4?

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

Wiziwig if it is still going. You can watch it on the likes of CricFree or CricHD but don’t expect amazing quality.

lazybike
    Free Member

Cheers for that…

rossi46
    Free Member

I think this year was a good year, certainly had its dramas. Personally I don’t care if Rossi did or didn’t or if Marquez did or didn’t, or for that matter if Lorenzo should or shouldn’t be WC.
    What matters is what happens next.
    And above all there’s new rules which hopefully should level the playing field a bit….

leegee

I’m more curious about Moto2 and how Lowes and Webb go, I reckon Lowes could push Zarco hard and get a few more wins.
    MGP I want to see the Suzuki’s improve and see if Stoner gets back on the Duke.

br
    Free Member

Not on BT? where can we watch it live? Are the highlights still going to be on ITV 4?

It IS on BT Sport.

http://sport.bt.com/motogp/calendar-for-the-2016-motogp-season-S11364007004014

Rorschach
    Free Member

I meant it is a pita to watch if you don’t have Bt sport (like wot i dunna).

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Lorenzo will struggle with the grip from the front Michelin
    Iannone will polish the floor with dovi
    Rossi will continue to be mindfcuked by MM
    Suzuki champion?

epicyclo

I’m not going to bother watching MotoGP this year. I didn’t bother to see the last race. It’s got too much like golf – the chaps in blazers have too much influence.

I’ll watch if Stoner is a wildcard though. 🙂

I will watch Moto2 though. Hopefully Danny Kent will continue his drive to the top.

Pigface
    Free Member

Does anyone else think there will be a lot of booing the podium in 2016, social media seems divided between the Rossi fans and the Marquez fans. Lorenzo is copping heaps as well. Not sure MotoGP land is going to be a happy place.

zanelad
    Free Member

Well, I for one can’t wait. I fell asleep during every WSB race I watched, and even BSB lacked it’s normal sparkle.

I just wish Rossi had not looked to his left during the Marquez incident. If’ he’d kept looking where he was going I feel that it would have been put down as a racing incident and quickly forgotten.

I reckon Pedrossa’s got perhaps his best chance of a title if he can maintain the form and maturity he found at the end of last season. Lorenzo can find a corner to curl upin and stay there until November. Marquez is fantastic to watch. I’d give a kidney to have half his talent on a bike, but I just can’t warm to him.

I want Rossi to win one more championship, or more, but that’s hoping for too much.

Fan boy, moi? :mrgreen:

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Someone bring back the Aussie please to wipe Marquez’s shit eating grin off his stupid face.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/225999/1/stoner-marquez-felt-threatened.html

Moe

It’s funny how at one time Stoner used to get a lot of negativity (as did Vettel in F1 ….. and Lorenzo come to that) from fans the same way Marquez does now …. I wonder if in five or ten years time we’ll all be wishing the return of Marquez to show <insert name of future upcoming whippersnapper> the way home and put him/her* in their place!

* who knows!

LoCo
    Free Member

I don’t think so, Marquez has been very aggressive on track in the past, more so than Rossi, where as Stoner just went quick and complained when he felt wronged.

LS
    Free Member

My predictions, well, hopes too I guess (probably all wrong!):

The more basic electronics and new tyres will hurt Lorenzo and his metronomic style, but will hopefully allow the lesser factory squads and the satellites to get close.
    MM, VR and Dani will ride round the problems and be the contenders at each race.
    The Ducatis will do ok, hopefully Dovi will be up there (Dovi fan here since his 250 days).
    Dani to stay injury-free and with any luck be up there for the title, he was the only one to come out of the end of last season with any kind of integrity.
    Rossi will get the better of MM in the long run, experience will tell this year and MM will bin it too often (again) over the course of the season.

Stoner will spend all year setting up for a wildcard at PI and smoke everyone.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

My homey #26 Pedrosa will bag the championship MotoGP 2016 and will wave the 26 flag in silverstone..yes you hear it from me first….. i know i keep saying this every year..but this season is the real deal.. place your bets now lads . #forzadani

Pigface
    Free Member
    pondo
    Free Member

Gotta think the data must support Rossi more, otherwise Honda would have it on the net and be damned to what the FIM say.

RustySpanner

Pigface
    Free Member

Rusty if you are happy to watch rigged racing knock yourself out 😆

RustySpanner

You’d have been delighted if it had happened the other way round.

Pigface
    Free Member

Not really to be honest, I quite like Lorenzo, I think Marquez was out of order but it is the FIM Dorna and Honda who are the real culprits

RustySpanner

I just get the impression that most of the Rossi uber fans I’ve spoken too in real life since the incident don’t seem interested in fairness, or motorcycle racing for that matter.
    They just seem annoyed that their golden boy was judged to be in the wrong.

It’s an interesting phenomenon.
    I wonder what they’ll do of a weekend when he retires?
    🙂

it is the FIM Dorna and Honda who are the real culprits

Culprits in what sense?
    What exactly have they done wrong?

5thElefant
    Free Member

It’s great to have a season with proper heroes and villains. I am no longer indifferent to who wins.

It’s going to be good.

survivor

Mine are simple hopes for this year. What ever happens on track happens, fingers crossed it’s good racing but please swap commentators on ITV. If I have to listen them every race say “every race is a home race for rossi” and “once lorenzo gets going he’s as consistent as a metronome” I’ll punch the TV!!!!

bring back the guys they had a year or two ago. Please?

survivor

While I’m on one David Coulthard with his “wheel to wheel” catchphrase as well! Gggrrrrrrr!

Pigface
    Free Member

FIM and Dorna engineered the result of the Championship by making up a story. Why was Rossi put to the back of the grid? It’s pretty simple really. Hondas said they had proof but now won’t release it.

racing bikes fairly is risky enough without the “authorities ” tilting the playing field.

RustySpanner

It certainly ruined a great year.

I haven’t watched the footage since the Monday after – has anyone got a link to the helicopter footage Rossi claims exonerated him, or the clearest footage of the event?

rossi46
    Free Member

The past is in the past- let it go! Let it go!

Testing at Sepang is about to begin and guess who’s back?

tomaso
    Free Member

I hope this year the Ducati bikes bridge the gap to the Yamaha and Hondas.

Also looking forward to seeing some unexpected results as the factories and riders get used to the Michelin tyres and spec ECUs.

I wonder what the changes will mean for the likes of Suzuki. Maverick Vinales was seriously impressive last year.

Scott Redding needs some decent results, and I am hopeful the Ducati is a good match.

Cruthlow must lament the move to Honda and the delay in getting to ride the 2016 RCV because last year’s machine looked a handful.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Casey in at 9 ..

1. = Danilo Petrucci ITA Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 0.095s [Lap 9/46]
    2. ? Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 0.155s +0.060s [31/32]
    3. ? Hector Barbera ESP Avintia Racing (Desmosedici GP14.2) 2m 0.387s +0.292s [6/32]
    4. = Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 2m 0.843s +0.748s [5/52]
    5. ? Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) 2m 0.899s +0.804s [53/55]
    6. ? Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1) 2m 1.021s +0.926s [47/54]
    7. ? Scott Redding GBR Octo Pramac Yakhnich (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 1.049s +0.954s [3/42]
    8. ? Andrea Iannone ITA Ducati Team (Desmosedici GP15/16) 2m 1.052s +0.957s [9/39]
    9. ? Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Test Rider (Desmosedici GP15) 2m 1.103s +1.008s [37/45]
    Read more at http://www.crash.net/motogp/results/226395/1/sepang-motogp-test-times-tuesday-final.html#RP7C0WPt6yPyjgq0.99

Moe

Ouch!

Well at least he’s ok but faith must be shaken a little?!

Will it polish out?! 😀

Moe

…….. 😳 Is there a WSB thread?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 167 total)

The topic ‘Moto GP 2016’ is closed to new replies.