Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Morzine trip – any advice?
  • soreknees
    Free Member

The boys are looking to do a Morzine trip next June. Any reccomends for guides, accom or routes?

legend
    Free Member

First things first – when in June? Too early and all the lifts wont be open yet

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Flow MTB.

bonfield-jones
    Free Member
    chakaping
    Free Member

What sort of riding? If mainly DH then you won’t really need guiding, just ask around and people will show you where the tracks are.

Lots of apartments to rent, there are a few websites.

If going in June it might be a good idea to kick off with the Passportes du Soleil, as that will help you get your bearings a lot quicker.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I can recommend the Carrefour car park accomodation wise..

flyingmonkeycorps

PRGMTB are great if you just want a chalet. You can easily have a cracking week (or two) in Morzine without a guide…

kayak23

Chalet sherpa….

rockhopper70

Rideabilty. used them for two years now and good for hitting the ground running (riding!) and getting your bearings. I think flow use them.

Gary_C

Chalet sherpa….

That’s a Jolly Good suggestion imho…

😉

soreknees
    Free Member

Thanks for the posts. We’re xc riders, passeport du soleil sounds great.
    Sounds like end of June might be best.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

If you need an extra person to average out the cost, then give me a shout? Do have any ideas on cost atm? And, would you welcome a strange person on the team…actually if you really are a bunch of honed pro’s then canc all of the above 😯

teammongrels
    Free Member

Went with Rider’s Retreat last summer, nice chalet, nice people, largest tub of Nesquik I’ve ever seen in my life! It was like a tub of washing powder!

If your all into XC I’d recommend you get a guide for atleast a couple of days. The downhills were easy to find, flowing singletrack was a bit trickier.
    Be prepared to get some looks when your the only one in the lift queue with a hardtail a non full face helmet and no body armour

bren2709

Full Pds lift system don’t open up til 29th June so wait til then.
    I’ve just booked for 15th July – 20th July flights cost £145 (Liverpool-Geneva) and been quoted £225 DBB in the Nantegue or £325 in Le Sherpa BDD + wine with evening meal (gets my vote).

peachos
    Free Member

Chalet sherpa….
    That’s a Jolly Good suggestion imho…

Sherpa’s ace – top guys who run it. Even better that one of my mates is the bar manager. Even betterer that I’m flying out in oooh 4 days and they’re getting dumped on as we speak 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Morzine trip – any advice?’ is closed to new replies.