Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • More PC advice…
  • Clink

Right got the new PC, but as it's Windows 7 current USB wireless adapter (Netgear WG111v2) won't work.

So which USB adapter should I get? – went on Netgear site and got totally confused! 😳

zaskar
    Free Member

Is there no driver?

I guess any cheap adapter with a windows 7 driver should work.

What interface is the WG111? n or g?

Oops looks like no driver for windows 7!

Vista driver http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/713

Wonder if that works.

Otherwise time to buy a new one that works with windows 7

Clink

What interface is the WG111? n or g?

You're confusing me already!

geoffj
    zaskar
    Free Member

Basically there is no windows 7 driver to make the bugger work with windows 7.

There are drivers for windows xp and vista etc but nobody has written one for windows 7. I was hoping the vista one might work?

So you have to buy one that is compatible.

PC world don't seem to have one but check ebuyer etc.

Try that vista link above and download the vista driver to see if it works. It has been posted on Netgear forums but no true fix.

Not just netgear but alot of usb wireless adapters won't work which sucks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/drivers/38026d1258803385-new-netgear-wg111t-driver-32-64-wg111tdriver.zip

Clink

Thanks Zaskar. Tried downloading the driver; managed that but couldn't update adapter. Soooo which adapters do work with Windows 7?

seven
    Free Member

does the new PC not have built in wireless capability? My new pc does and I don't need any adaptors to get internet. Mind you it's a laptop and I've not had a desktop pc in years so maybe they don't

allthepies
    Free Member

>Mind you it's a laptop and I've not had a desktop pc in years so maybe they don't

All laptops will have wireless these days.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘More PC advice…’ is closed to new replies.