Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mondraker linkage question
  • atlaz
    Free Member

In a recent Dirt Nico Vouilloz had a linkage for his zesty to increase the travel to that of a Spicy (taking advantage of the lighter frame etc). This got me thinking as to whether I’d be able to swap the linkage on my Dune for the one from the Foxy (for example) and be able to switch to a smaller travel bike. Chances are the answer is no, but I assumed it couldn’t hurt to pose the question.

Alternatively, if someone in Surrey has a Foxy and doesn’t mind me sizing up parts of the bike that might also help 🙂

GW
    Free Member

fit a slightly shorter eye to eye and stroke shock (will lower and slacken it slightly too)

atlaz
    Free Member

Doesn’t need to be lower and slacker… in fact that might make it a handful

atlaz
    Free Member

Answer from Mondraker is no regarding standard parts. Next to get a mate to mock up something on a machine for me to see if a custom piece might work.

rugbydick

I thought Nico’s Zesty just had aftermarket offset shock bushings to give it the angles of a Spicy but still 140mm at the back?

I seem to remember it was a company in Ireland that produced them.

I’m sure someone will be along to correct me shortly…

GW
    Free Member

So you simply want stiffer/shorter travel rear suspension? and wouldn’t mind if it sat slightly higher in the travel? would stiffening the spring rate (more psi or stiffer spring) not do the same thing for a lot less hastle?

warpcow
    Free Member

I thought Nico’s Zesty just had aftermarket offset shock bushings to give it the angles of a Spicy but still 140mm at the back?

He had a custom-linkage and offset bushings, to slacken it and increase travel. I seem to remember reading that it’ll be an option (the linkage that is) for all new Zestys next year.

I’m sure someone will be along to correct me shortly…

😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mondraker linkage question’ is closed to new replies.