Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – August 4th – Rivington Return Edition
  • binners

You arriving by helicopter again?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

People usually leave by helicopter…

eightyeight
    Free Member

Went from cast to removable splint today, but probably a bit too early for a return.

The last time I was at the Bull (when I came off, and thought it could be healed with a pint), the landlord gave my mate 4 or 5 Agatha Christie books after he spotted her perusing the bookshelf – top bloke!

For those worried about San Marino, it’s absolutely fine – it’s the pesky section after the style you need to worry about. By that point you’re head is already in the pub, just before your face is in the floor….

Harry_the_Spider

I though that your issue was to do with it being dark and your lights were in your bag. 😉

simondbarnes

Enjoy, it’s bloody gorgeous up there right now!

jonjones262
    Free Member

My shoes are still soggy but I’m sure they’ll dry out by the end of the ride.

See you all in a bit 🙂

scaled
    Free Member

grumble grumble, bloody stupid mechanic, wait till I get my hands on him…oh, shit.

Expensive night for me, new chainring needed as I cracked that, new chainring bolts and a big bottle of threadloc 🙁

jonjones262
    Free Member

Gutted you buggered your bike!! ^^^^

We had our fair share of mechanicals.

I snapped my chain then took about 2 days to get my dog sh#tty tyre back on (sorry everyone!!)

The last downhill was flippin amazing! Will be back up there for sure!

Nice night out all 🙂

binners

Cracking run, as per. You can’t go far wrong where the San Marino is involved. Not ridden it in the dark for a while. Which led to some… ahem… Interesting line choices

Harry_the_Spider

It was a bit mechanicaltastic but, as Mother Teresa used to frequently say, “shit happens”.

Watching the lights out from the top of Winter Hill with 3 generations of a family and Pink Floyd on the car stereo was different.

I’m sneaking back tonight without lights as it did seem to be a hotbed of car based teen shagging.

binners

At least theres the joy of taking in another Northern Sky, while contemplating punctures, snapped chains, and people getting lost….

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Spot the mechanicalists(soon to become the wrongturnists)

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – August 4th – Rivington Return Edition’ is closed to new replies.