Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Moments of regret: 3 years of mountain bike crashes
  • beej

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u9y6n1XtRWU#![/video]

Not me.

(Couldn’t find this with the search so assuming it’s not been posted (much) before. Apologies if it has!)

Joe

Looks like a group of seriously crap riders.

bigjim

makes me realise how much of a mincer I am these days!

Wozza
    Free Member

If in doubt… flat out.

and

If you’re gonna be dumb, you’d better be tough.

mulv1976
    Free Member

Wow. You must be totally rad 🙄

I thought there was some pretty tough sections on those vids. I certainly wouldn’t have the skillz to get down unscathed.

glen815
    Free Member

All of them have more bottle and skill than I have. 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

“Son, your ego is writing cheques your body can’t cash” ! Top Gun (1986)

I would not like to (1) try some of that stuff (2) with their skills let alone my inferior ones and (3) with people so close around me!! Give the flattening impact of cameras, some of the stuff must be seriously steep. How do they survive unscathed? They certainly seem to warrant the all the protection they are wearing! Video is a mix between scary and funny is a sick way.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Excellent fun to watch cos we’ve all been there: prat falls, over enthusisam, tree hugging, momentary lapses, ouchy crunching crashes…

If you are Joe Barnes then we’ll let that one go 😉

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Some pretty ballsy riding there mixed in with a few who need a bit remedial.

Quite a few of those crashes we’ve all had…

Toasty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8OChYbXlLU

Same trails, sans falling off.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

they are riding some pretty technical trails to be fair… but I can also see some basic mistakes – front wheels stop dead and over they go… bad line choice or not lifting the front wheel, weight too far forward. I’m impressed they kept getting back up.

Steve77
    Free Member

They seem to get better through the video and ride harder stuff as they go on. I particularly like the guy who stops on the table at 2:02 and gets nailed from behind

molgrips
    Free Member

They seem to be going quite fast in relation to their skill level. Which takes balls, fair play 🙂

Do we know where it is, btw? Oregon?

wwaswas

They even fall off with more skill and style than I do 🙁

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

the guy who stops on the table at 2:02 and gets nailed from behind

+1

And the jump to tree hug a few clips before

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Are they having fun? Cos that’s all that matters.

beej

“Ever wonder what happens to all that raw GoPro footage shot on those gazillion helmet cams you see out on the trail every weekend? Hopefully stuff like this: For your cringing pleasure, Joe Bernard sifted through 700 gigabytes of GoPro footage, over three years of rides, to put together this blooper reel of crashes in Whistler, Mammoth, Northstar, Jackson Hole, Bellingham, and Northern California. It’s a diverse buffet of “d’oh!” — endos, crashes into trees, fast, slow, botched landings, near misses — and it all begins poetically with his friend accidentally whacking himself in the junk with his goggles. Yes, it’s a moments of regret gold mine.”

Stolen from http://www.adventure-journal.com/2013/03/moments-of-regret-3-years-of-mountain-bike-crashes/

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Do we know where it is, btw? Oregon?

Some of its definitely Whistler & around. I think one bit might be Downieville too.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Moments of regret: 3 years of mountain bike crashes’ is closed to new replies.