Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • MNPR September 5th – Return of the Fat Lad Edition
  • Harry_the_Spider

After 3 weeks of cake and beer poisoning it is time to ride my chubby ass up a big hill.

Hare and Hounds, Holcombe Brook, BL0 9RY.

8:15 Blast Off

Bring money for a Diet Coke.

mikerigby

Sounds like a good plan. I’m in.

duncancallum

Stuff the coke and I’m in…

Harry_the_Spider

Bump.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Ooo, quite tempted..

Not ridden up there for years.

Back to my old stomping ground.

Harry_the_Spider

Good stuff. Not seen you since the heady days of HTN apart from bumping into you at the IMW.

binners

Another (even) fat(ter) lad back off his hols and feeling like a beeched whale. It’s been a pie and beer-centric week.

Have we got a visitor from Cheshire? How simply super! That’ll certainly raise the tone! 😀

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

If I remember to bring my bike home from work, I’m in. I’ll be rivalling Binners for the fat lad title.

Harry_the_Spider

Have we got a visitor from Cheshire? How simply super! That’ll certainly raise the tone!

Have you met him?

Harry_the_Spider

Who is playing out?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

perhaps. trapped nerve in my hip on saturday night is still playing up a little, so i’ll see later.

thejollybodger
    Free Member

I’ll be out. Be rude not to as it’s my local stomping ground. What’s the route?

Harry_the_Spider

Dunno. Binners is our leader.

binners

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc9BGSsU_ZU[/video]

I haven’t decided yet. Depends how wet it is up on top. It should be ok, so it’ll probably be Tower/Finger Chute, Moor Road, Bull Hill/Pilgrims Cross, Interstellar, Tower again, Sluts love Ruts, then finish with Reddisher Woods to the welcoming bosom of the pub for beer and crisps

Whats not to like? 😀

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I can’t make it.
    Gutted.
    But maybe next week….

binners

*rolls red carpet back up, and cancels the brass band*

😥

mikerigby

I’ll be out. Was wet in them there hills a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully some of it has dried off, as we have not had any rain for ages!!!

dazh

Not me. I’m doing a good impression of an 80 year old today with a knackered back.

Harry_the_Spider

Makes a change from your impression of am 80 year old with a knackered bike. 😉

binners

Up yours granddad!!!!!

You’ll still be faster than all us fatties mate 😀

dazh

Can’t even climb on a bike let alone ride one 🙁

Bregante

Dazh tried that “I’ve got a bad back” malarkey with me yesterday. He was quite convincing right up until the point when he rode away from me at 70 miles. 😀

scaled
    Free Member

anyone heading up form daarn saaaf?

I just realised that although i have a nice new car it doesn’t have bike carrying capabilities yet and it’s too nice* to put a muddy mountain bike in

*i’ve been told i’m not to

Bregante

So what you’re asking is whether anyone with a less nice car than yours is driving up from down south tonight?

🙂

I had considered it (really) but am struggling with childcare tonight.

scaled
    Free Member

So what you’re asking is whether anyone with a less nice car than yours is driving up from down south tonight?

I’ve been converted to the whole bikes ‘on’ cars rather than in them 😀

I’ve actually got a bloody roof mounted carrier – just got no rails on the new car yet 🙁

Harry_the_Spider

Put your duvet in the boot. Job done.

scaled
    Free Member

Sounds like a plan

duncancallum

I’m in.

Binners I’ll be round in a bit to fix debs car. Cos I’m multi faceted

binners

Well that had everything. As long as by ‘everything’ you don’t include staying upright, being able to change direction, not sinking up to your axles in slop. Hey ho! All good fun! 😀

I think we can bid a find farewell to the moors til next May. Unless we get some decent snow. Actually… that’ll probably arrive in May

mahalo

or a good freeze! quality when the puddles get crunchy and you can play russian roulette with iced over bogs!

Harry_the_Spider

Blimey, I was never the most elegant of riders but a month away from anything even remotely technical has ruined me.

I came down The Finger Chute with all the poise of a baby hippo down a lift shaft in an industrial waste bin.

Good fun though!

scaled
    Free Member

I came down The Finger Chute with all the poise of a baby hippo down a lift shaft in an industrial waste bin.

I believe binners’ term of phrase was ‘like a cat on a skateboard’

I can assure you from behind, that was an insult to skateboard cat 😀

binners

Indeed. Never the most technically accomplished of riders, but after 3-4 weeks off the bike I came down Interstellar with the grace and elegance of a three-legged giraffe

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve found that my new(ish) bike is an utter bastard if you are riding hesitantly.

If you are riding smoothly you “sit in it” and it just goes through or over everything, if you have THE FEAR[/u] it handles like a set of step ladders. My old bike was much more forgiving when in the grip of THE FEAR[/u], but it did have the nasty habit of very suddenly trying to kill you every now and again if you weren’t concentrating, no matter now confidently you were riding.

binners

Seeing as I’ve got the same bike as you… yes, it must be the bike.

Given the right equipment I’m sure we’d both have been down there like Steve Peat 🙂

I can normally hoon down those descents* with no issues, but last night I was mincing down them like a Dick Emery character in a particularly homophobic 70’s sitcom. I think not having your eye in yet in the dark doesn’t help either. And it was slipper than a greased eel.

Erm… are there any more lame excuses that I’ve missed?

* By my standards. Everything relative.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘MNPR September 5th – Return of the Fat Lad Edition’ is closed to new replies.