Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • MNPR 30th Jan – Prestwich – Back in the saddle edition
  • Harry_the_Spider

Not ridden a bike in 6 weeks.
    Lungs full of snot.
    Back knackered.
    Legs like twigs and a belly like a water melon.
    Anything approaching a gradient will kill me.

Church Inn, Prestwich
    8:15 blast off
    Bring money for beer and a de-fib

mintimperial

Woo. Might bring the comedy singlespeed clown bike out for this one.

Do you want to borrow that dropper post of mine or did you get sorted?

Harry_the_Spider

Do you want to borrow that dropper post of mine or did you get sorted?

It’s alright thanks. I’ll be buying one shortly if all goes to plan.

mintimperial

Cool, welcome to 2011. 😉

tthew

May well drive over for this, but I’m doing a club ride around there on Saturday. 10am at The Church if anyone fancies joining. I’ve tried to link as much of the evening rides together to give a route of about 20 miles.

(I know, start your own thread! Sorry, but I don’t want a cast of thousands, turning up, and I reckon this will mainly be read by the usual MNPR crowd).

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’m in Bloody London on Monday so won’t be out (like I ever am out on a Monday anyway) but might pop along to the Saturday one…

binners

I’m in Keswick for an extended weekend so not around Monday

Have a good ‘un! 😀

dazh

Can’t do Saturday but will be there Monday if I can summon some motivation from somewhere. Me and my bikes are not on the best terms at the moment.

Harry_the_Spider

M62 will be shut between J18 and J20.

tthew

On the Monday evening? Which direction, as that might make a difference to my decision.

Harry_the_Spider

Both. Simister to Rochdale,

xherbivorex
    Free Member

could do. monday, that is. i’m in the worst shape i’ve been in for years, but i need to get out for a ride.

tthew

Sally Traffic’s probably put a dampner on my attendance then. But I’m out on Tuesday night anyway, (roller racing!) so probably avoids some grumbling.

tthew

Well, that was… WET.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’m planning on going out up rivi tomorrow morning, early (probably before 9am) for an hour or two, just to see if i can actually still ride a bike or not.

peeks
    Free Member

First time poster here finally registering.

I’m on for tonight. I was out for the last Prestwich one (I know Harry the spider off here but that’s it) where one of my lights packed in after 20 minutes. The battery pack has been replaced but I was struck down with lurgy and haven’t ridden since then.

dazh

Been trying to find more info on this and google is failing. Seems to suggest the closure is only after 2100. Is it closed before then?

mintimperial

They’ve been shutting that bit late-on for at least a year now, but it’s only ever been closed on the way home. I really doubt it’ll be shut at half-seven. We go round the M60 on the way back, I reckon you’d be fine going through Heywood or whatever.

dazh

In which case I should be there, assuming nothing happens before now and the end of the day to stop that.

Bregante

I’ll be recovering from going under the knife. I’m due to go in for a kidney biopsy in 2 hrs time. 😐

Harry_the_Spider

Have fun.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

all dependent on whether i get the gf’s car back from being MOT’ed in time. if not, or if it needs work, then she’ll have my car so i can’t get there.

mikerigby

Have to give it a miss tonight. My injured Ankle has not improved enough to ride. I did a bit too much walking yesterday and think I’ve set it back a few days. Should be fine for next week. Enjoy.

Bregante

Well that couldn’t possibly have been more unpleasant. The thought of riding a bike on rough ground is not particularly appealing right now.

dazh

Sorry guys, I’ve been dumped on at work so unlikely I’ll make it. If I’m not there don’t hang about.

mintimperial

GWS Bregante!

I’m still in, see you later.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

car needs work, won’t get it back until lunchtime tomorrow so i’m out too.

scaled
    Free Member

Annoyed that I missed this, unfortunately my commute home was classed as a night ride :/

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘MNPR 30th Jan – Prestwich – Back in the saddle edition’ is closed to new replies.