Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Mitchell's finally gone then…
  • tazzymtb

We know that people die … sometimes this happens when they have had contact with police … or A&E … or the Brigade or …

I suppose the difference is the brigade and A&E don’t have to forcefully restrain (on a regular basis) or have people in the cells, so the suspicion more readily falls onto the police, particularly for those that a have a pre-disposition of distrust towards the queens finest urban fist fighters.

I think the problem is that as a force that upholds the law and gives the public a strong police charter when the piss poor behaviour of certain officers comes to light it reflects badly upon all, particularly when there is a consensus behaviour to protect your own. So things may not always investigated quite as vigorously as they could be. That’s just human nature, but you need to seen to be whiter than white, it’s an issue.

Interestingly the stance that “it’s the same old police haters what do you expect” is exactly the same behaviour as “all rozzers are bent thugs”. It doesn’t look like impartial behaviour and we all have prejudice based on experience, but again the police need to be impartial and objective.

deluded
    Free Member

kimbers – I know this, of course I do. More so than any of you lot! I’ve been doing it since I was 16 and have been an officer for 17 years. The truth remains that despite the undoubted failures, the successes outweigh the negatives.

I try not to get drawn into these threads – I’m off to play XCOM Enemy Unknown, which any gamer with any self respect should steam into.

queens finest urban fist fighters

What? Genuinely, what? How bizarre!

mashiehood
    Free Member
    mashiehood
    Free Member

The truth remains that despite the undoubted failures, the successes outweigh the negatives.

good lord!

Ed2001
    Free Member

Im sorry to see him gone as Im sure Miliband is too, he was the gift that just kept on giving ,having to sit on the front bench with call me dave.

elzorillo
    Free Member

Perfectly timed to take the attention away from yet another shocking expenses fiddle by MPs.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Hopefully he won’t be replaced – why the hell do we need whips anyway?

tazzymtb

interesting that the press haven’t made a big thing about the un-authorised briefing to the press regarding the issue by the Police, which is now under investigation. Funny how the press/police bias/leaks are suddenly overlooked when the police federation are after a scalp.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Mitchell's finally gone then…’ is closed to new replies.