Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Miserable effing weather, no ride tonight!
  • jekkyl

Normally we set out from my house at around 8, just sat now looking at the filthy wet weather out there and lamenting my lack of a Friday night ride. I absolutely loathe winter purely because of the cold and the wet, months of it yet to go. The wife’s suggested we watch the recorded X factor that she was planning to watch when I went out. 😐

cdoc
    Free Member

So, you are going for a ride then?

No contest imo.

cardo

Our Weds night ride was effin rubbish, the Chiltern slop is back…

jekkyl

No I’m not going for a ride, it’s absolutely slinging it down 🙁

*cracks can of Stella*

Rubber_Buccaneer

Only four weeks until the winter solstice then summer is coming 🙂

Kryton57

No I’m not going for a ride, it’s absolutely slinging it down

*cracks can of Stella*

+1

Although annoyingly the balance between riding in a downpour on Sunday and the alterntive 90 min shed Turbo session is a very fine line of wet misery vs pain misery…

tomhoward

Rules 5 and 9 deal with this little quandary.

MoreCashThanDash

It was chucking it down. Luckily, the commute home means I don’t have to go back out in it again… 😆

jools182
    Free Member

I hate the wet weather and the darkness

It feels like 10pm already

It better buck up tomorrow, I’ve got to change the alternator belt on the car

garage-dweller

Are you a man or a mouse?

And why has no one picked up on your hideous choice of beverage?

scaredypants

OP is clearly planning to beat the crap out of his wife for the X-factor suggestion, and preparing accordingly

What other reason could there be ?

jekkyl

*shields Stella’s ears*

Don’t listen to the nasty man Stella, I still love you. *sups*

rocketman
    Free Member

Fantastic around Cannock this morning I was on the trails at 8 fricken 45 which is some kind of record even for me. Dry/moist mix with a few puddles and then just as I got home it started raining 😀

Kryton57

garage-dweller – Member

Mine’s for Friday night gulping, I like to savor the proper stuff and not waste it.

weeksy

I have locally made cider to drink. It is cold, wet and foggy outside. any 1 I can do, 2 is a maybe, all 3 and I’m staying in.

downhilldave

Tom, go on then what are rules five and nine? Lashing down here, but will ride tomoz no matter what. 😯

jekkyl

Without looking I’m guessing harden the f up and the other is about no such thing as bad weather just inappropriate clothing.

geoffj

What would Eddy do?

steve_b77
    Free Member

I was planning on a ride tonight too, weathwr was crap so I cracked out the turbo and an episode of sufferfest

downhilldave

jeckkyl, still still need to know the rules. We are English after all, we need rules. Please 🙂

geoffj
    bspoked
    Free Member

Loaded car up with gear and an airbed, drove 2 hours to Kendal in A65 rush hour traffic and minging weather. Just about to collect tickets for Kendal Mountain Fest Santa Cruz Bike Session when realised left wallet at home. Didn’t fancy a couple of days riding on one ham sandwich and 2 litres of Evian, with no ID, so launched a futile return-return mission to Leeds, target 2 1/2 hours. Aborted in a nice warm house…

Replanning exercise underway…. What a kn*b.

Vortexracing

Managed 65 miles on the roadbike today, part of which was commuting, must say it’s the first time I have had a softshell AND a gore waterproof on at the same time

one word

GRIM!!!!

rOcKeTdOg

X factor or rain?

I won’t melt in the rain but your brain might watching that crap

downhilldave

geoffi, it’s a mountain bike forum. However I have read them all 🙂 and agree with Tom. Have saved the rules to avoid to avoid further confusion :mrgreen: Sorry for nor knowing the rules 😐

Vortexracing

Surely rain has to be better than x factor 🙄

geoffj

geoffi, it’s a mountain bike forum. However I have read them all and agree with Tom. Have saved the rules to avoid to avoid further confusion Sorry for nor knowing the rules

😉

jekkyl

You will all be pleased to learn that I’ve managed to steer the good lady away from shite factor and we’re watching ‘The Impossible’ with Ewan Mcgregor, which is somewhat prophetic given that it is about a deluge of water.

Lester
    Free Member

Who cares about the sodding weather
    We go out every Tuesday and Thursday for a couple of hours, usually at least 8 of us. Is it muddy,yes, is it wet, yes, is it slippery slidy and does your bike and clothes get covered in dirt and mess, yes
    Is it fantastic fun and make you a better rider, hell yes.
    Is there a great pub with great beer and snacks after, yes.
    Kin X factor no f in way.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Just employed Rule 5, so am currently tucking into beanburger, Malaysian chilli sauce, pitta & a cold beer after an hour in horizontal rain on the Tripster.

Mudguards, quiet lanes, decent lights, peaked lid, proper waterproof jacket and some overshoes made it remarkably good fun. I’m also grateful for giving myself a bloody good talking to to get out there in the first place 🙂

daleftw
    Free Member

Took the long way home on the bike tonight. 20 miles in the rain. Enjoyed it 😀

neilm
    Free Member

Having done two turbo sessions this week… tomorrow I’m going up the woods on the 29’er and I don’t give a toss what the weathers doing.

corroded
    Free Member

I find it hard to set off if it’s tipping down. But if it starts while I’m out, no problem. Head down, get it done. In the winter at least I tend to use alcohol as a passable substitute for a hard ride. I suspect because I regard both as a form of medication.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

34k solo nightride on the fatbike tonight, pretty wild weather, but so much better than drinking Stella. And as for X factor, I’d rather eat my own shite.

Man up.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Miserable effing weather, no ride tonight!’ is closed to new replies.