Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Mini coupe?
  • matt_outandabout

Really? Next door had one outside today, never seen such a butt-ugly oddness of a car. It even had a proper old skool body kit, spoiler and some cheesy ‘graphics’… I had not seen one until today. 😕

legend
    Free Member

agreed. the shittest looking car I think I can ever remember seeing.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

The only decent looking Mini was the original (BMW) 3 door hatch. The rest especially that 4wd Countryman one makes my eyes bleed.

I don’t know why BMW had to develop so many pointless variants.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I know it’s a whole world of wrong but it’s the only one of the current range I kinda like. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

One of the few cars to make a Nissan Jouke seem a paragon of aesthetics.

druidh
    Free Member

The first time I saw one I genuinely thought it had been involved in an accident.

matt_outandabout

The first time I saw one I genuinely thought it had been involved in an accident.

That is what mrs_oab asked…

matt_outandabout

druidh – saw you house today. A local residence has two houses – druidh park and druidh hill…!

backtothetop
    Free Member

mr_mojo the only decent looking mini was the old mini, (the one that was mini)

mightymule
    Free Member

That is a truly fugly car.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

mr_mojo the only decent looking mini was the old mini, (the one that was mini)

Yes I agree, I was just referring to the new breed.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the only decent looking mini was the old mini,

Amen!

brakes
    Free Member

it looks ok from the front

druidh
    Free Member

There’s also the Allt Druidh

(and Inverdruie if you can put up with the anglicized spelling)

shifter
    Free Member

Quite like all the Minis myself and I’d rather have a new one than an old one. There’s a 190bhp* Juke, wouldn’t mind one of those either!

* I know there’s a GTR one too.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Brakes, to your picture, please add the following;

licking

off a

backtothetop
    Free Member

Yes I agree, I was just referring to the new breed

the new breed is not a mini, its a monstrosity! really want to get girlfriends old mini running now. winter project!

brakes
    Free Member

mini ctoupe

scaredypants

Thank god for that – I thought this was going to be about a prospective purchase 😯

Shifter – you’re one wrong step away from a lynching, boy ! 😉

shifter
    Free Member

😛

midlifecrashes

I’m pretty sure they won’t make that mistake again. Wonder what a coupe version of the Countryman will look like? Oh…

Mini Paceman

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Sir Alec Issigonis would be turning in his grave- not exactly the original brief anymore is it

brakes
    Free Member

I think the Paceman looks pretty good.

bikebouy
    Free Member

For some bizarre reason them there Coupes are quite popular down on the coast…

I find them quite aborrahnt.

flyingmonkeycorps

The Coupe looks like it’s wearing a baseball hat backwards.

legend
    Free Member

brakes –
    I think the Paceman looks pretty good.

Post reported

mindmap3
    Free Member

I quite liked the original BMW Minis, especially the Cooper S that I had. I know that a lot of people hate them because they’re a lot bigger than the original, but it was a great car to drive, the interior made it feel like an event and the supercharged engine made a great noise and was easily tunable.

The later R56 is rank, it seems to have lost a lot of the magic. The Countryman is dire but the coupe takes the piss. It doesn’t look good from any angle and makes an already impractical car even more so. BMW have lost their way big time.

Bearing in mind how much they cost, I can’t believe someone looks at one and things ‘damn, that’s a good looking car. I need one.’ Maybe it’s an in joke with BMW; let’s see how many awful looking cars we can flog forloads of money.

igrf
    Free Member

This is the best thing to come from Mini, a van, claim back the vat and get a bike inside, what more could you want?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

This is the best thing to come from Mini, a van, claim back the vat and still can’t get a bike inside,

imp999
    Free Member

The original was styled and engineered by the good lads & lasses at Rover (Canley in Coventry).
    When BMW split they hung on to it.
    We could all see it was a winner.
    They left Rover with Rover 75……Which was nice…….
    And to be fair they also left LR L322 RangeRover which WAS nice.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Mini coupe?’ is closed to new replies.