Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mince question (yes, really….)
  • loddrik
    Free Member

If I fry some extra lean mince and drain off a small amount of fat, then I fry some normal mince and drain off a lot more fat, does the resulting mince have a similar fat content?

jahwomble
    Free Member

Are you mixing the two lots of mince together in a bucket afterwards?

clubber
    Free Member

Unlikely I reckon – there'll still be plenty of extra fat in the fattier mince – only a proportion of it will come out when frying.

GW
    Free Member

if I put enough sugar in a diet coke will it have the same calories as regular coke?

anyone got more?

loddrik
    Free Member

I was just wondering if paying a lot more for extra lean mince is a false economy. once you have drained the fats off the mince, I just wondered if each mince contained a similar amount of fat.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

If I mix cream with skimmed milk…..

TheFlyingOx

If I stir lard into low-fat yoghurt…

richmtb

Draining the excess fat is probably only getting rid of half the extra fat in normal mince

Lean mince is generally from a better cut of meat so will contain less grislte and fat in general so should taste better too.

sweepy
    Free Member

I saw this thing once where some health freak washed his mince to remove fat. Cant remember the details tho, I reckon if your that bothered then eat less mince.

sweepy
    Free Member

If I stir lard into low-fat yoghurt…

…if I get some of that shampoo that says not tested on animals and squirt it into the dogs eye…

hels
    Free Member

Don't forget to save some for after dinner mince…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mince question (yes, really….)’ is closed to new replies.