Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Milan to Aosta with three bikes
  • juggins

Arranging a last minute trip to aosta, anyone got any idea how to get three people and bikes from Milan airport to aosta? Happy to hire a car but cannot find anything suitable.

Thanks

allthegear
    Free Member

There’s definitely a train line. I spotted it as I rode past last year

Rachel

juggins

Thanks for that, train would be good but hassle with airport to station then station to apartment

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Only thing we found was a van hire place in Milan for the three who planned to fly to Milan this year. Plan was to leave bikes and 1 person in airport while other 2 went to get the van.

Ends up the 3Rd person dropped out so the ones flying just got a decent sized estate car instead. They were relieved.

The van hire pkace seemed very helpful, even offering to stay open late as the flights weren’t the best times but ultimately it was going to be a right hassle and stress, not cheap either. You’re probably better off with 2 cars.

We drove. Well drive again next year too. Well less hassle overall.

geoffj

If hiring at MXP check which terminal you arrive in and make sure you hire from there. The bus link between terminals is tortuous,

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/car-hire-at-malpensa-mxp-terminal-2

I went with europcar too.

nickjb
    Free Member

What’s the problem with hiring a car? Plenty of big cars will take 3 bikes and people. We hired a touran from Milan to go skiing. Same company had a 9 seater minibus. If you want, or can only get, something small take a bike rack. Issue might be bike bags/boxes though

Sandwich

Like Rachel I’d go with the train option go at the right time €30pp each each way, Trenord run from the terminals to Milan Centrale. You would need a taxi company with a mini-bus/van for the Aosta end

hot_fiat

The train is a little bit of a pain. For a start MXP is an hour from Milan and the “express” train to centrale is nothing of the sort.

From centrale you can catch a frecciarossa high speed train to Turin where you change again to aosta. It’ll take about 5 hours. Trenitalia.it has all the info. It works in a stereotypically Italian way. Good luck.

(I’d hire a car)

Marin
    Free Member

Think vans as in Transit type van about e600 for a week. From Moroni Rent. Have to transfer to rental place from airport. They offered to stay open late if we paid them if you have late flight. Friend dropped out so got a car as cool hand says. Hello Luke.

Marin
    Free Member

Or maybe Morini Rent.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Milan to Aosta with three bikes’ is closed to new replies.