Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Mike Ferrentino slags off Brant'sTi Bars…..
  • the_lecht_rocks

issue 52, page 100.
    he has a go at the English language too…..

i like his stuff, but he's having a real go this issue 😆

atlaz
    Free Member

I didn't even read his column this time. After the last one where he said that brands hyping their products without any real basis in fact was great but people with a similar grasp on reality (i.e. none) knocking them were dicks, I couldn't be bothered any more.

Mark

I think you need to read that one again atlaz.. not sure you quite 'got it' 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

He slagged of Brant in STW …dont be silly they have mateserm editorial standards.

the_lecht_rocks

junky – that's what i thought 😀

Maybe Santa Cruz are gonna be bringing some Ti bars out soon and he's been taking marketing tips from Fruit/Tango Bravo 🙄

the_lecht_rocks

lol @ mike …….

he's pushing CF so much it's obviously his Californian Santa Cruz bullsh1t marketing shining through……

CF Blur, to be followed by CF Nomad, Super 8 and V10…….jackal in CF and heckler in CF coming too people – keep your eyes on the STIF adverts in MBUK, lol…….

Santa Cruz – Marketed by w####### ridden by w###### 😈

rolfharris
    Free Member

Did he have a go at the "nicher than thou" daft bars with silly bends in them, or just the ones that look like proper handlebars cut into bits and rewelded?

the_lecht_rocks

just the ones that look like proper handlebars cut into bits and rewelded 😯

rolfharris
    Free Member

Pity. There was scope for a more wide ranging article there.

the_lecht_rocks

lol @ rolfharris – sharp as a tack there mate 😀

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I was going to look at that tiny tiny tiny world but didn't want to squint through the microscope…

ton

who the **** let a yank write for a northern english magazine…… 🙄

i **** dislike yanks………

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I thought it was Jones he was having a pop at.

who the **** let a yank write for a northern english magazine

He wrote a cracking article for STW a couple of years ago. His editorials for Bike used to be pretty cool too. But since he passed over to Marketing he seems to be entirely consumed by self-hatred which he projects onto the **** idiots who ride bikes that don't conform to either (a) industry standards or (b) what he's trying to flog.

He's become really whingey and, from what i can tell, is currently STW's least enjoyed columnist. But he's mates with, at least, the editor so we may have suffer it all a while longer. I'd be much happier welcoming back Samuri's column. Or Piers. Even Piers' arse.

vinnyeh

who the **** let a yank write for a northern english magazine……

he's so **** whingy I though he was a northerner, or scotch or something.

Mackem

Personally find him an awful writer, why use one adjective when 5 will do the same job. He always seems to have to find some "quirky" analogy/metaphor and shoe-horn his entire article into that.

Coasting
    Free Member

Well past his use buy date,was a time it was worth reading his sometimes witty articles.Unfortunately he's actually a kiwi and i think over time americanism has slowly etched into his soul and destroyed anything remotely intellegent

Kuco

I never seem to get to the end of his page I always seem to loose interest about third way down.

rolfharris
    Free Member

But since he passed over to Marketing he seems to be entirely consumed by self-hatred which he projects onto the **** idiots who ride bikes that don't conform to either (a) industry standards or (b) what he's trying to flog.

I find he tends to just target niche toss that spoils good bikes.

Or even just niche bikes that're shite.

D0NK

I'd be much happier welcoming back Samuri's column. Or Piers.

Amen to that!

Oh and some of mikes stuff seems OK, def seems to have issues (with himself) being in marketing tho.
    And I have an heckler and inbred both are excellent (heckler is best bike I've ever owned), dunno what a ######## is but I'm pretty sure I aint one 🙂

allankelly

Aw, I thought this thread might be about Brant's stuff. I was going to say that Brant's like a rock band that do their best stuff in their impoverished, idealistic days, then go all wrong when they get money and A Producer.

And have you actually seen a Ragely frame up close? The paint is very very very bad. I've seen 2. They were both very very very bad. I've had 7 P-x / On-One frames and they were really good compared to the Ragley. I've had sub-£100 frames from Merlin and Handsome Dog that had paint 10 times better. There's no excuse, he's got all complacent and rock-star.

So there.

al.

Straightliner

I've looked at my Ragley frame very close and the paint job is fine. It's black, it's shiny, the paintwork is even and on recent rides it's not chipping either.

allankelly

Straight: OK I'll post some pics. Glad you're OK.

al.

aracer
    Free Member

Exactly. No surprise that the nichists on here don't like what he's saying!

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Exactly. No surprise that the nichists on here don't like what he's saying!

<shrugs> I ride a pretty standard PA 2×9, not exactly a nichist's dream. I guess I wouldn't enjoy reading a column in Wire which, every month-or-so, berated me for not loving U2. They have a lot of fans but I'm not going like them just because someone's telling me that I "don't get" their superior production values.

Allan Kelly, I'm not in the habit of defending Brant, but the paint being bad on Ragley's isn't really his fault is it?

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Yeah but them looking like shit……

tails
    Free Member

I haven't ever read this chaps column although I hope to buy this issue sounds good 4x and pump track stuff. Anyway just a heads up don't buy dirt mag if you don't like opinions.

the_lecht_rocks

i had issue with him slagging off british manufacture / language and then pushing his companies recent CF products……….

geoffj

but the paint being bad on Ragley's isn't really his fault is it?

eh?

the_lecht_rocks

my Honda's paint is sh1t and it cost me £25000 🙁

i complained direct to Honda UK however…..

Zone
    Free Member

Watch this space…
    Titanuim bars… **** easy 😆

vinnyeh

i complained direct to Honda UK however…..

yeah, but it's not as much fun as slagging someone off on a widely read forum, is it?

So, was Ferrentino actually having a dig at Jones' bars, Richards' bars, or welded bars in general?

Mine as well, TLR. Stone chipped to ****. Honda's are reknowned for having thin/swirly paint.

Which Honda do you have?

Geoff, I was alluding to Brant not actually painting the frames himself and I would expect the relationship he has with Hotlines/CRC to be one that they QC things like paint finish, not Brant.

the_lecht_rocks

mike – same as you, fully loaded FN2 Type R with Mugen bits now 😀

trailmonkey

I'd have thought crap paint jobs was merely a line of continuity from those p1ss poor Mongbred paint jobs from a while back.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Both my Honda cars have rubbish paint. Quite a let down considering they are awesome in other respects

I haven't read Mike's column since "Bombing the Wrong Target". Rants need to be creative to be fun -it's been too miserable and not related to my scene. I think being in "Marketing" does it. Poor chap needs to get out with some grass-roots riders to find his soul.

fozzybear
    Free Member

the_lecht_rocks Santa Cruz – Marketed by w####### ridden by w######

With statements like that just makes me glad not to be a "high horse" rider of your calibre and obvious neesh-ness!

chunkypaul
    Free Member

quite honestly – i never finish the MF articles, i just don't like his writing style or the message he trys to get across…

higgo
    Free Member

Santa Cruz – Marketed by w####### ridden by w######

I like mine. And I'll own up to the occassional w### – I've got a hand, a c### and a few minutes spare, why wouldn't I?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Mike Ferrentino slags off Brant'sTi Bars…..’ is closed to new replies.