Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • midweek beer
  • CheesybeanZ

Cheers .

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Cheers, can’t beat a midweek beer or three 😀

rOcKeTdOg

Cheers! https://www.instagram.com/p/BGH8Qn7LGEI/
    Currently on No.9

vondally
    Free Member

indeed cheers……

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

RocketDog, get on to the Dirty Stop Out! It’s a belter!

Tiny Rebel are one of my favourite breweries at the moment. Turning out some great brews.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Rocket 7% 😯 and thats £10.80 a pint, reassuringly expensive 😉

redstripe
    Free Member

Fosters piss here as sainsburys had 20 for £11, that’s my excuse, iechyd da

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Homebrew wheat beer.

If I don’t know exactly how strong it is then it can’t hurt me 😆

MoreCashThanDash

fwiw, Aldi have a “Beer Festival” on this week, picked up a few from breweries I didn’t know to check out at the weekend – red wine and an Indian for me tonight.

deadkenny
    Free Member

There’s a difference between midweek and weekend beer? I thought it was just daily beer 😀 (except when it’s wine as an option)

House constantly stocked with Hogs Back brews, odd bottles of Merlot and some form of half decent lager for curry 😀

cloudnine
    Free Member

Lidl Hatherwood Ruby Rooster.. cheap and cheerful at 89p a bottle

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

deadkenny, try Hog’s Back’s own lager. It’s very good.

Haze

Empty fridge, beer delivery not until tomorrow…did pick up a Penderyn today in Asda, not tried before so it’ll probably get cracked open in a bit…

hora
    Free Member

On TV tonight a couple reportdly’ went through 20+ bottles of wine a week (weight loss/bbc1).

That makes me feel easier drinking 2x330cl’s

CountZero

Currently supping on a bottle of Black Sheep Ale; going down very nicely. 😀

deadkenny
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    deadkenny, try Hog’s Back’s own lager. It’s very good.

Yet to try it, but tends to be more expensive for less, at least in the local shops, so I go with the big ales 😀 . I must visit the brewery some day. Been past so many times but never stopped off.

soobalias
    Free Member

talked me into it..
    ^saw that hora, took a shaker bottle of wine to bed with her?!

Malt – Starry Nights

hora
    Free Member

They need(ed) help with alcoholism not a fitness trainer.

I heard right on how much they drank????

metalheart
    Free Member

I’ve been out on the bike (!) and been shooting the breeze with a mate. No time for frivolities like beer.drinking tea :mrgreen:

Slipped a couple of Pavlovs Dogs in the fridge for tomorrow night though….

bikebouy
    Free Member

A well deserved trip to The Bowman for a pint of Oculas from the infamous Oakleaf brewery, Hampshire obvz.

Cheers.

And I’m going again tomorrow night too..

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Marstons pedigree pale ale – number 4 just getting consumed

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Working away so on #3 of Jennings Cumberland at the hotel..

squirrelking
    Free Member

did pick up a Penderyn today in Asda, not tried before so it’ll probably get cracked open in a bit…

Ooooooh no. You poor sod, it is honestly the most vile excuse of a spirit I have tasted. And that’s saying something.

We went to a tasting at christmas and it was an enthusiastic and unanimous dead last. So much so that nobody actually bothered with it after the initial tasting. Taste was akin to that chemical smell you get in carpet shops. FWIW the contenders were Irish, Dutch, French, Canadian and American whiskeys.

My beer will be a cold 2.5% Saint Austell, yay for exams.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Think I am winning just opened number 5 (on a school night!)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Quiz night in the pub, won more beer. Winner

senorj

Can’t do midweek drinking. Up too early…make up for it on Friday though…

On TV tonight a couple reportdly’ went through 20+ bottles of wine a week (weight loss/bbc1).

I saw that – I spat out my houmous. 24 bottles of wine a week! jeebus.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Posted 10 hours ago # Report-Post
    MoreCashThanDash – Member

fwiw, Aldi have a “Beer Festival” on this week, picked up a few from breweries I didn’t know to check out at the weekend – red wine and an Indian for me tonight.

Scooped up a random handful of these the other night and have been working my way through them.

Pick of the bunch so far is Felinfoel Double Dragon.

atlaz
    Free Member

I finished off a few bottles of beer from a pack I bought in Switzerland a couple of weeks ago. In the sun, in the mountains, looking down at the Bodensee it tasted great. In Luxembourg in torrential rain, it tasted a little average.

cp

Aldi have a “Beer Festival” on this week

ooof, dangerous knowledge. **plans lunchtime trip to aldi**

toby1

Friday 3pm finish at work in Camden, straight to a hipster bar for a pint of something lovely. Staying in London for the weekend so I will make up for the mid-week drought.

Also, to be fair last week was Cambridge beer festival on Thursday. Friday and Saturday, so a break won’t kill me.

bruneep

1st of the day. Local watered down lager

WildHunter2009

As soon as I’m back from picking the missus up from station it’s time to break into the colonial draught / Kolsch. Margaret rivers finest easy drinking beer.

Northwind

First bottles from a brewery I crowdfunded, that’s nice… Bellfield Bohemian Pilsner (they do an IPA as well because they’re a small brewery, its the law) but I’m not really an IPA sort of dude. **** name but it’s good.

hora – Member

They need(ed) help with alcoholism not a fitness trainer.

OT but, they were getting both (no I didn’t watch it, I just saw it while passing through the kitchen). They showed the woman drinking white wine from a brimmed pint glass, that’s a great idea, saves refills! Not quite as efficient as drinking it right from the bag, though.

yunki
    Free Member

We’ve got a new discount store selling Oakhams Scarlet Macaw at a quid a pop (citrussy punchy hop hit with Amarillo and Summit hops) Anyone got any more info on the oakhams brewery?
    Also found an imported cerveza lager called Cusquena brewed and bottled in Peru and only 69p a bottle.. Sgonna be a perfect fridge cold summer bbq lager at 5%

Washed it down with 2 bottles of co-op shiraz after a baffling discussion with the ex on the subject of child custody and access

Sore head.com

bedmaker

Setting up some deconstructed beer for later 8)

MoreCashThanDash

^^^ 😆

rOcKeTdOg

Cheers!

View this post on Instagram

Mama luv

A post shared by Low Speed Adventurer (@rocketdoguk) on

bikebouy
    Free Member

An hour ago in the South Downs…

CheesybeanZ

Moved from beers to a glass of Rioja with a bar of white chocolate .

edhornby

Reinbacher weissbier, it’s £1.25 from aldi and it’s just great, I could drink it till I’m falling up the stairs at 3am after a series of really bad personal choices

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘midweek beer’ is closed to new replies.